PC1 Thoughts on more Nascar type stuff?

All, I was wondering what all thought on the creation of more Nascar type content for PCars. I am an avid sim racer and revolve around NR2003 and iRacing. I do not like rFactor and I also have Asseto Corsa. I actually love P Cars and am looking forward to getting more involved with it, but the one major thing lacking to tap into the Sim Racing community is the lack of Nascar. If there were modern day cars, like the Gen 6 , trucks or Xfinity, and a ton more tracks(Ovals), then this game could get really huge as the sim racing community on the Nascar side of things is currently very limited on what is available that is decent. I have been messing with PCars for a few days now and think it is fantastic, but we need cars and tracks. Do you think it will be possible to create or get modern day nascar models? and do you think they will ever include Nascar type tracks? Will we be able to create mods and tracks ourselves for the community just as NR2003 has had since 2003? That game is old, but is still alive and P Cars could be the answer for many who are running the old game today. The reason I say this is due to the current options have all gone to the pay to play thinking and if P cars stays as is, it could reach out to this community and have a massive following. To me, it just makes sense to tap into that potential. I know I would seriously consider running a Nascar league with this title if they just had more options for this genre. It has to be a no brainer in my mind!

Ovals! We don't need these thank you, who wants to be turning left all night ;):p

I don't care for watching oval racing at all, really (says the guy who will be attending a 500 mile oval race in three days). But occasionally a sim oval race can be lots and lots of fun and very intense. I wouldn't want it to be my regular racing, but it's a nice change of pace now and then.

Reactions: ONT
Ovals! We don't need these thank you, who wants to be turning left all night ;):p

There is a very big community involving ovals and racing. Anything from short tracks to Super Speedways. Roadies are not the only form of racing and if it was included, it would undoubtedly be a huge thing to the Nascar sim racing community. It is not everyone's cup of tea, but then again neither are roadies. While they are fun for me, they are not for everyone. A modern day version of ovals at the level this game/sim is produced, would be huge to the Sim racing community.

Reactions: ONT
There is a very big community involving ovals and racing. Anything from short tracks to Super Speedways. Roadies are not the only form of racing and if it was included, it would undoubtedly be a huge thing to the Nascar sim racing community. It is not everyone's cup of tea, but then again neither are roadies. While they are fun for me, they are not for everyone. A modern day version of ovals at the level this game/sim is produced, would be huge to the Sim racing community.
No drama mate, as you see by my smilies it was only a tongue in cheek comment. Ovals aren't my thing but I admit they can be exciting due to the speed and amount of cars on track but If you like turning left all night then that's fine by me:laugh:

No drama mate, as you see by my smilies it was only a tongue in cheek comment. Ovals aren't my thing but I admit they can be exciting due to the speed and amount of cars on track but If you like turning left all night then that's fine by me:laugh:
None taken:), just hopeful wishing as we need a new game that is not pay to play since that is turning off a lot of people these days such as iRacing and rFactor2.

RF2? do you mean RRRE?
RF2 = rFactor2 has turned into to pay to play from what I have seen unlike the older rFactor1. That was just about open source if you ask me. Times have changed I suppose. I have never really liked how it drives except a few cars and tracks. There cup type mods have a lot to be desired. They look good, but drive like crap. I have not gone down that path after initial testing on my end. Not sure what RRRE is thou. I like Asseto Corsa, but It seems to take a bigger toll on the PC than PCars. I am liking this Project Cars even better. Ran some online Kart racing last night and had a blast. To me, this title has a ton of potential for other sim racers even thou there is a bunch of complaints around about bugs and such. I have not noticed too much to be an issue. I think I will patiently wait for more Nascar type content. Then we shall be cooking for sure.

As far as NR2003, I am a loyal fan still, been running leagues and playing it for many years now. NR2003 will always be my roots as far as league racing and broadcasting. To me, still one of the better driving physics out there, but this title could change things. This could be what the NR2k3 community has been waiting for if done right in my opinion. I also broadcast live events and such, so besides the drive ability, there are many other factors that come to mind as well for me.

Would be nice to have a spectator view in Pcars, or maybe I just have not figured it out yet. How to get on an online event but not race and be able to watch live. This is something to figure out down the road, but maybe one day, I will add this title to our broadcasting offers. I think this would look great on live TV(YouTube). Just not sure at this time if it is even possible.

Oval racing would be a very good move. There are lots of oval sim racers out there who would find a home if pCars would cater to them. I also think a lot of road racers would be pleasantly surprised at how enjoyable it is.

I also agree that pCars may want to look at some broadcast worthy features to be implemented in replay mode. iRacing's camera sets are genius. They created that with broadcasting in mind.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 418 39.8%