Thoughts On Indiian GP Track?

Looks like most of the newer tracks. Long straight lines with wiggly bits joining it up. Its even got one of those big 180degree + type turns like Singapore and Malaysia.

Could be fun though, reserve judgement until ive done a few laps.

Turns 1, 2 and 3 look like a lot of fun providing the exit to 1 is wide enough to get some power down, but I don't like the look of that middle sector at all. Left-right-left-right in 2nd-3rd gear does not fun racing make. Maybe it flows much better than the diagram shows, but I have my reservations.

I looked at some of the construction pics and it doesn't seem very wide. It looks more like those Melbourne type of tracks. But don't think the track would be too tough to handle. I think F1 2011 will have this track. As long as there aren't any slow laborious turns, it should be fine for me. Should be something like 1:30:xxx to 1:40:xxx track!

I wish someone other than Tilke would be used to design tracks. He seems like the only guy who everyone uses. With the exception of Malaysia, none of his tracks can touch the traditional tracks.

Well i dont know if there is anyone else out there. Is there? I see Tilke's track list to be quite lengthy. I think FIA loves him!
For me Sepang (for its challenge) and Istanbul (for the joy of riding) are my favorites!

Quite frankly, it just looks as much dull as the average Tilkedrome. Certainly not as much challenging as his best(?) works(Sepang, Istambul, Korea).

Now, it is hard to say for sure without being aware of the elevation changes.

Indeed i wish they would make more tracks designed to the landscaping itself, and with that i mean the way tracks where designed like Suzuka , Zandvoort , Donnington etc,... these days they just flatten a big piece of land and plant a track on it its all so artificial just dont like that its getting to much of the same now.:frown:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%