1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts about Sim community

Discussion in 'Other Racing Games' started by Msportdan, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Yes definitley, but i still come on!

66.7%
  2. Yes definitley, ive started to visit them less!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No its always been like that! its what simmers are like!

33.3%
  4. No its always been like that! getting boring now though!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Who agrees... talking about there favorite sim is starting to, not get fun anymore, on here or pretty much every sim forum there is?

I mean you could be talking about one sim, then someone drags another sim in then theres a bitching contest about what ones better then it just gets personal in the end. its pretty pathetic. I mean cant we all just realise theyre all pretty good sims they just all different, with various approaches and outlooks. But for the devs to be abused as this n that is totally unacceptable. Look at steam forums and the abuse posting about milestone. All these devs try theyre best and put passion and hard work into these titles, and to come on and see the absolute disgrace people post about them.

Sim forums are just becoming polluted.

Why is this?

2. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

Trouble is with you Dan, your favourite sim changes every other day. :whistling::roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

well these sims do change from one week to another, look at how far AC has come. I wouldn't of touched that for the world, now its a great sim with a playable ai!

I actually do have a favorite sim from one month to another. I have no allegiance to one sim.

4. Michael Stead

Michael Stead
    Premium Member

It's not just a symptom of sims though. It's shown in pretty much any discussion on any subject. Why, is a much harder question to answer. I think that the annonimity afforded by the internet allows the d-bags of the world an outlet where they can abuse whoever they want for giggles, without fear of consequences.

Why has this behaviour become more noticable in the sim community? I suppose it would have to do with sims getting greater exposure to the general gaming community (Steam) and possibly due to peoples attitudes these days.

Edit : Interesting to note that you yourself set up a this vs that discussion with a thread titled - 'This could be a dirt rally beater'. Why does anything need to 'beat' anything else? Can't they just be different and co-exist?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

nothing wrong with a bit of healthy competition and discussion, but that's not the problem some people take that too far.