Tracks Thomson Road Grand Prix - Singapore

I knew that Jungle will be huge. It is a whole different track. Super exciting. It feels like Tarmac rally stage turned into a circuit. I'd like to have some online racing there when it will have a little bit more details. I'm sure it is going to be must have track.

I recommend "old" grip :) And XJ13 :D

Ok, there are many other good cars also.

I just have had an idea racing rally cars there. I also guess it should be nice place for drifters. Would it ?

Edit:

I change my mind, optimum is the best. It is even scarier with more grip.

Last edited:
It is a whole different track. Super exciting.
Man, that's the truth. It really is a whole new environment driving through the new trees & foliage. I'm glad I had a week of driving it without trees as I think that helped me memorize lines & apexes that I can no longer see.

Talk about immersive... I'm pretty sure that I physically ducked down while driving under those branches overhanging the track in a couple of places and I'm not even using VR. :roflmao:

Loving how this is progressing. Keep up the great work! :thumbsup:

I have often driven the track with Praga.
Unfortunately, I always miss the brake point.
But the track looks great.
thompra1.jpg
thompra2.jpg
thompra3.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Proody. I did try adding the chicanes at the Circus hairpin, and it worked great for single player practice/hotlap, but the AI drivers didn't handle it very well at all :(

I think they were removed from 1970 onward anyway, but it wouldn't be a problem to add a second layout once the track is complete; 1961-1969 with Circus chicanes, and 1970-1973 without chicanes :)

Yeah, I know it is a bit difficult with chicanes like that and AI. I have ran into same problem with one track, which I have started (my local track). I think it should be possible to make it to work by making chicane as 1Road_xx object, and tarmac around as 1Offtrack_tarmac. But it is difficult.

Yeah, I tried that too. And while it did seem to stop them crashing, it forced them into single file to avoid the sandbags. To be fair, I haven't tried the chicanes with the AI since I have experimented with hints. It may be possible to add a "Danger" flag, or to discourage braking heavily there.

Honestly though, I think the chicanes spoiled the racing a bit, as they took away the possibility of out-braking into the hairpin (which the AI will try and do at the moment).

I am currently working on a FPS-friendly way to make the trackside foliage appear more dense, really jungle-like.

Cut up the foliage into a lot of pieces and LOD them heavily (LOD distance rather than LOD models). But to be honest, I've had a million+ tris on grass alone, always in view, and it did nothing to the fps. So you might get away with simple LODing :)

Yeah you can treat the under tree foliage as "grass" in that it does not make shadows and is combined into larger objects and performance should be good. You should be able to have a large amount under there and not hurt performance much at all as long as they don't make shadows. Bridgehampton was done this way and it worked out pretty well.

Just tested 0.0.4. First try with a Lotus Type 49, needless to say where I ended up after taking off...:roflmao:
Thanks for this, I'll follow the progress and I have to say already seems a 0.4, not 0.0.4 ;)

When I was making Bilster Berg (my first attempt at a track for AC) I got to v0.95 and started to run out of numbers :rolleyes:

This time I thought I would plan ahead and start more conservatively :D

Thank you, btw - I am glad people are enjoying it :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 311 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%