Tracks Thomson Road Grand Prix - Singapore

The previews didn't at all prepare me for how big this jump actually is. Especially in this tiny car. Luckily the first post after it isn't collidable cause it's very easy to run off the track if you try to do it at 200km/h. (it is fairly doable at full throttle in the FF with the right line, you just take off on one side of the road and land on the other)

I'm desperately awaiting the release of your FF, just to race it at Thomson Road :inlove:

I'm a bit concerned about your 'lamp post' comment though :unsure: I thought I had made all of the lamp posts collideable, and was actually planning to remove collision from the one after the Hump to give the AI more chance of getting past that section in cars like the Lola T70 and Ford GT40.

If that post is already a 'ghost post' then I will need to re-think my plans :O_o:

Not yet ;)
Screenshot_lola_t70_thomson_1-2-117-11-5-13.jpg

You need to pester @aphidgod and get him to hurry up! :roflmao:

Lordy I am bad at the track.Been trying it with period correct cars Best time 1.52 with the 72D, followed in relatively closely by 917/30(easier than I thought), 49, 917K. One mistake your in a lamppost. cars with a bit of aero I found are the hardest on the track as can you push a bit but too far its lamppost time. I am surprised more didn't die on track. The Formula Ford looks perfect for learning the track though.

I found the Porsche 718 RS 60 Spyder to be particularly good fun to hot-lap with, power-sliding through the Snakes :D

I must say, I have had more fun with the slower cars than the faster ones, although the 911 RSR 3 and Lotus 2-11 GT4 are both really nice to take around TR :)

I found the Porsche 718 RS 60 Spyder to be particularly good fun to hot-lap with, power-sliding through the Snakes :D

I must say, I have had more fun with the slower cars than the faster ones, although the 911 RSR 3 and Lotus 2-11 GT4 are both really nice to take around TR :)
My happiest but not fastest have been 718, cobra, and countach, and the metlax formula Easter. The cobra is fun throttle steering through the hairpins.

I'm a bit concerned about your 'lamp post' comment though :unsure: I thought I had made all of the lamp posts collideable, and was actually planning to remove collision from the one after the Hump to give the AI more chance of getting past that section in cars like the Lola T70 and Ford GT40.
Lv7qhrI.jpg

This one, the next one along is collideable.

I am probably completely wrong here, but if the issue is only the AI in the fast cars, is there not something like AI.hints that could help out?

I am probably completely wrong here, but if the issue is only the AI in the fast cars, is there not something like AI.hints that could help out?
Yes and no. Yes it would help the fast low down force cars but it then makes the cars that can make it super slow. It is kind of a trade off as to which you want.

Those AI hints could use some more depth. I have same issues.

There are also those [DANGER] hints, I don't totally understand them. Seems like they makes AI think that road edges gets narrower (or you can make it the opposite, I think), so they don't eat grass so much (or can go wider to avoid jamming, I guess). But they does weird line changing steering where that hint zone starts and it is bad also.

I agree. I don't really understand everything that you can do with the hints file, but I managed to use it to get the Lola T70 / GT40 / 908 / Jaguar XJ13 all to clear the Hump on TR without crashing on the other side :thumbsup: They all get some air off the crest, so they must still be going pretty quick :D

Don't want to brag about it but got a proper PC finally. First thing I have done - visited Silv67. Beautiful, I'm amazed how Assetto Corsa looks at its best. Then I visited TR - I'm mind blown. This track is so great, could never tell before, that it is THAT great. More fps - faster laptimes, better precission and road feel. Better graphics - ultimate immersion. The atmosphere of this track strikes in the very first seconds.

Aphidgod's Lola T70 is like best thing ever at this track.

Very first screenshot with my new PC:

dk7hhbs.jpg

Congratulations!! That's great news! I remember getting my first "proper" gaming PC last year, and to go from struggling to get 40fps with everything turned down, to being able to cap my FPS with everything on Maximum... :geek:

And yes, Aphidgod's Lola feels like it was made to be used on TR (they did actually race it there in the 60s). That reminds me, I must get round to uploading an updated version of Thomson Road, with a few fixes plus, improved AI behaviour at the Hump (GT40 / Lola T70 / Jaguar XJ13 type vehicles) :thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 381 39.7%