Tracks Thomson Road Grand Prix - Singapore

It would be cool if we could collide with the lamp posts (and those little stones if we can't hit those already.)
The white stone markers are already collideable (kerb status). I did wonder about the lamp posts but I think AC would struggle to handle the collision accurately enough. These poles are only about 200mm in diameter, and while I haven't actually tested it, I have a feeling the pole would just get stuck in the car, in a collision. It's easy enough to test, though.

The bus shelters are collideable (if you haven't already found out :roflmao:) so watch out for the one on the left hand side after the Hump ;)

oh my god what a beautiful track wow wow assetto in the tropics just fantastic work cant wait to drive it

Thanks Bob :) I'm really enjoying making this track, and the final release shouldn't be too far away now - maybe a week or two :thumbsup:

I have just tested collision boxes 20cm x 20cm x 2m with pretty good results :confused:

Any collisions up to about 180kmh resulted in a normal bounce-off collision. Above 200kph I agree, the car can get stuck, but at that speed, my engine had died anyway, so I'm not sure it would be much of an issue :O_o:

I think I will do a bit more testing first, before I decide what to do :thumbsup:

Looks utterly fantastic! Look forward to the release Quick question, are you using Natural Graphics Mod or something else during the capture of those images and videos? Just wondering how it would look using my graphics mod since NGM is much bluer than the standard weather palette and so wondering if the textures are optimised for a specific graphics mod or vanilla?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks very much :) My screenshots have used GBW and the standard Natural PP filter. I can't speak for Andy's pics, though they do look great! :cool:

I haven't designed my textures with any specific visual mod in mind, so hopefully my track will look ok on most people's PCs :thumbsup:

Had a cancelled appointment so had some time to try it out and it looks gorgeous! Well done mate. I'd say this is almost on par with the Donnington mod track, which is high praise in my book since I think that puts the Kunos ones to shame... Only thing i've come across that needs fixing was a floating bit of bush which I only noticed from my image capture (image 5). It's near the end of the track on the left hand side :)

p.s. I personally think the lamp posts should be collideable like they are since they aren't right by the road side and the road is nice and wide so unlikely you'd hit them but understand it may frustrate others...
Screenshot_ferrari_458_thomson_23-1-117-13-55-43.jpg
Screenshot_ks_mazda_mx5_nd_thomson_23-1-117-13-49-35.jpg
Screenshot_ks_alfa_romeo_4c_thomson_23-1-117-13-8-40.jpg
Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_aventador_sv_thomson_23-1-117-14-2-45.jpg
Screenshot_ferrari_458_thomson_23-1-117-13-54-53.jpg
Screenshot_ks_alfa_romeo_4c_thomson_23-1-117-13-40-11.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_aventador_sv_thomson_23-1-117-14-1-21.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_aventador_sv_thomson_23-1-117-14-1-21.jpg
    942 KB · Views: 240
  • Screenshot_ferrari_458_thomson_23-1-117-13-54-43.jpg
    Screenshot_ferrari_458_thomson_23-1-117-13-54-43.jpg
    833.1 KB · Views: 246
Beautiful pictures!! Thank you @WagnumPI :inlove: I love seeing the light shining through the palm fronds :thumbsup:

Damn, don't you just hate finding floating bush?! :roflmao:
Thanks for spotting that - it was just a Y tree with the wrong texture applied (all fixed now).

I have done quite a bit of testing with the physical lamp posts and I have to say, I quite like them. As I said previously, the only time my car got 'stuck' after a collision with one, the engine was DOA anyway :x3: I think if I leave them set to only be physical on Very High and Maximum world detail levels, if anyone hates them they could always just drop down to High.

I have also set the grass that is more than 1 metre away from the track edge to have quite a bit of drag, so if you do go AWOL it kind of simulates driving through the undergrowth and slows you down :cautious:

I am currently remaking a few of the textures (e.g. armco) and being a bit more adventurous with the shaders, since performance seems quite good overall - may as well make it look a bit nicer :)

Thanks very much :) My screenshots have used GBW and the standard Natural PP filter. I can't speak for Andy's pics, though they do look great! :cool:

I haven't designed my textures with any specific visual mod in mind, so hopefully my track will look ok on most people's PCs :thumbsup:

would like to now that too, i'm using a personal pp filter with a different contrast curve it look great on stock tracks but some mod tracks look a bit washed...like donnigton...btw stock tracks look like this
Screenshot_ks_porsche_908_lh_ks_brands_hatch_2-12-116-23-36-49.jpg

Screenshot_ks_porsche_718_cayman_s_monza_WINTER_28-9-116-16-30-59.jpg

Screenshot_lotus_exige_scura_ks_barcelona_28-9-116-14-24-47.jpg

Screenshot_ferrari_599xxevo_ahvenisto_29-9-116-23-9-19.jpg

Beautiful pictures!! Thank you @WagnumPI :inlove: I love seeing the light shining through the palm fronds :thumbsup:

Thanks for spotting that - it was just a Y tree with the wrong texture applied (all fixed now).

I have done quite a bit of testing with the physical lamp posts and I have to say, I quite like them. As I said previously, the only time my car got 'stuck' after a collision with one, the engine was DOA anyway :x3: I think if I leave them set to only be physical on Very High and Maximum world detail levels, if anyone hates them they could always just drop down to High.

I have also set the grass that is more than 1 metre away from the track edge to have quite a bit of drag, so if you do go AWOL it kind of simulates driving through the undergrowth and slows you down :cautious:

I am currently remaking a few of the textures (e.g. armco) and being a bit more adventurous with the shaders, since performance seems quite good overall - may as well make it look a bit nicer :)
I don't support that on detail levels. That means online you can have people with and without poles. I suggest you make sure they stay at all detail levels.

All sounds great! To be fair ive only driven the track so far using a joypad since I do my modding and screenshots at my desk and my wheel is elsewhere but i have to say it all felt as fantastic as the joypad experience can be.
In terms of visuals, I certainly didnt have any frame rate issues while testing and think once you have the amount of detail you've got on your track, textures, shaders and the little things are what's make it look from good to outstanding. The Donnington track for example I think has far better textures than the kunos tracks and for me just looks that bit more real, especially due to the little bits of rubber on the track as it just finishes it off.
Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_aventador_sv_doningtonpark_23-1-117-15-59-36.jpg

Do have to say though I love the foliage and the road textures as they are some of the best ive seen on a mod track. Love the way you've got the differently laid tarmac areas as it's these kind of details that give that extra immersion and realism :)
Screenshot_ks_lamborghini_aventador_sv_thomson_23-1-117-16-3-1.jpg

Keep up the fantastic work, should be proud!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back