1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Kurt Vanhee, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Hello,

@Beginning of this year i bought a 2nd hand throne thumper for my rSeat Formula.

Connected and was working flawlessy, untill some days ago after attaching everything the kicker does not work any more.

Most likely the amp is broken.

My question is can the amp be fixed?

If not what new amp would do trick?
  2. Get a PA amp of around 250 watts, should be around 100,- to 120,- euro's.
    And those have channels.. for a second one or as backup.
  3. First i tried a quite proper Philips hifi-amp of 130 watts on each channel...
    After about 2 hours is smelled the epoxy-board burning, some slight smoke.. a pop.. and that was the end of the hifi-amp, one channel completey burned out.
    so I got a reasonable cheap PA-amp.

The one you mentioned would have no problem with outputting a few hundred watts continuously on both channels.
    I have somewhat the same amp in a slightly different box powering 2 shakers.
    Think they all come from the same factory in china.
    But they come with forced cooling to keep vital elements at a good working temperature, only the fan is a bit noisy.
    So I replaced it after a few weeks for a less noisy one.
    If you have any other questions please let me know.
  4. Hi Kurt I'm not very experienced with BT's either. I only have 1 Gamer 2 but from doing a little bit of research a while ago when I was considering setting up a more complex system for Simvibe it became very clear the Ohm output of the amp is very very important and seemed to be a problem point for others trying to find replacements.

Might be worth having a look on these AV and drum forums for the Buttkicker threads as they seem to have a better idea than most (I have the mental ability of a dead goat when it comes to this stuff).

Obviously do check they are talking about your particular model or at least series as they do have models with different Ohm ratings.

5. Thanks both for replying. Been comparing the specs of the Thump Throne amp and the one i suggested.
    @Richard Hessels, this is my thinking of this matter:p

2 things i looked @ were the RMS capacity which is 4 ohm and the amplifier is 200watt.

Dunno if i should take something else in consideration?
    Dunno if 3.5mm jack vs the 6.35 makes a difference. Do not think so because before my sound card had no 6,35 plug so i bought a jack from 6.35 to 3.5.

@Juris been looking @simvibe aswell but first need a platform to put my rseat formula on.
  6. The jack does not make any difference.
    The amplifier is indeed probably not a real 1000 watts (as in 2x 500).
    I found one from another brand, cost me 10,- euro more.
    But that one does real 240 watts per channel.
    It's real mosfet technology, and i did not have a glitch from it since i installed it.
    The VU meters help me adjust the levels so i don't overdrive the AMP. otherwise you don't have a clue what you output to the shaker.