This is what's going to happen on the 17th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Hardcore racing fans know which epic event is about to happen next week: the 24 Hours of Le Mans runs on the 18th and 19th on June 2016.

With the mysterious announcement on the 17th what would that be? :) #hashtag gave it away.

lemans.png

Well with iRacing announcing Le Mans for their sim last night, I wonder if Kunos will be doing the same today? Perhaps there's a similar situation going on here as has happened with the Nordschleife (i.e. a 3rd party company providing the scan data to multiple games)?

I could be wrong, but it seems very strange if it weren't Le Mans, especially after the whole #SaveTheDate thing, and now iRacing announcing a Le Mans license.

While I am have never been crazy for Porsche, and would have rather got new tracks, many many tracks, this is an achievement. Having officially licensed Ferraris, Lambos, Porsches in one SIM! This must have been a big investment. Kunos is not half-assing anything, not planning a sequel immediately after release, they are truly expanding Assetto Corsa to us, and WE, simracers are the ones that really benefit from it. Kudos Kudos Kunos!

I don't care if anyone calls me either AC fanboy or Porsche fanboy. I'm hyped by the news.

Fron RD exclusive interview with Kunos:
RD: On a similar note, if money and other boundaries were no issue, which marques would you ideally like to see in the sim?

MM: Actually, after Ferrari and Lamborghini... nothing can stop us!

RD: Rumour has it that the exclusive Porsche licence comes up for renewal soon, any chance of seeing some of the German sports and racing cars in future DLC for AC? Have you already spoken to Porsche about this possibility?

MM: Rumours can be troublesome, and our plans already confirmed for 2016 will take us very busy even without Porsche.

I do think now nothing will stop them obtaining more licenses.

Mod-edit: Porsche thread is up where we can continue the discussion http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-reveal-new-porsche-dlc.123015/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back