1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC This is what's going to happen on the 17th

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Bram, Jun 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Hardcore racing fans know which epic event is about to happen next week: the 24 Hours of Le Mans runs on the 18th and 19th on June 2016.

With the mysterious announcement on the 17th what would that be? :) #hashtag gave it away.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Cristian Haba

Cristian Haba
    #555 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Staff Premium Member

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Angry Angry x 1
  3. you mean Rebellion license? AC logos on some race car? Nice sure but if I have to dream I dream big: Porsche license or Le Mans track.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Stereo

Premium Member

I don't keep close attention but I think Kunos hinted at the Toyota TS040 LMP1 car at some point, so that and some more Le Mans stuff would sure be nice.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  5. Le Mans was highly voted on the track poll eons ago.
  6. It'd great to have Le Mans La Sarthe
  7. the TS040 did get confirmed when some internal pipeline got leaked a while back. Not the best way to confirm something but its something. likely will be a full on assault for le mans based stuff.
  8. TS040 was confirmed two years ago with the Toyota license http://www.virtualr.net/assetto-corsa-toyota-license-announced

Bram may be onto something. Here's another tweet from WEC about save the date: https://twitter.com/FIAWEC/status/740157810852417536 In fact this one was posted on 7th June while Kunos started #savethedate a day later.
  9. WEC / Lemans licence?
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I asked Hornbuckle and he evaded. ITS COMING. @Bram you nailed it.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. If we get Le Mans track and some LMP1 would be great news. Shame we will never see driver swaps happening since the Lord can't even code proper DRS rules or any decent MP features.
    • Angry Angry x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I swear every comment you have written uses the same format.

Reasonably good news, you may even be happy comment. Followed by either one or two shots fired at kunos, on a rare occasion you fire three shots.
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Love Love x 2
    • Haha Haha x 2
  13. It's one of the perks of freedom while others need to keep quiet or praise the Lord in order to get into the beta tester team.
    • Like x 2
    • Angry x 2
    • Love x 1
    • Wow x 1
    • Agree x 1
  14. fortyfivekev

Premium Member

I would love to see all/any of Porsche, Le Mans or the WEC in AC but not really onboard the hype train so far.

AC getting Le Mans would make sense if the ACO had laserscanned the circuit so could sell it to anyone (like what was done with Nords), but from what I have read I think the iRacing data came from their own team going there. Plus would Le Mans for AC make sense with no day/night transitions, no driver swaps, etc...

I think a WEC license would be too expensive and TBH the WEC deserves it's own sim rather than just a WEC pack or two for AC. Would iRacing have gotten into bed recently with Blancpain if a WEC license was on the table?

So Porsche maybe? Seems like it would be expensive at this stage of AC's development when they can only sell EUR10 DLC. Would be a good license to get for AC2 though.

Kunos already have licenses from Toyota and Audi though so my bet would be the TS050 or latest R18 either of which would be cool.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. LOL
    Even bigger LOL
  16. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka
    The downforce is strong with this one. Premium Member

Saving = laser scanning? Just dreaming...
  17. Michael Stead

Michael Stead
    Premium Member

I'm guessing Lada.
    • Haha Haha x 1
  18. Do you have a highly successful racing game as well? if so let's see your effort.Tks
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  19. Teaser on FB from Marco, he showed a detail the F488 (GT3?) and a screen of the Red Bull Ring. Not sure if related to Friday's thing but could be?
  20. Mazda 787B (re)released with the Toyota. Both still eclipsed by P. Sander's 962 ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.