This game really is special....

Thing is i got it in steam summer sale for £11.99, refunded it after about 30 mins, didn't get it hated the way it looked and was happy with other stuff the usual suspects RRE, AC, PCars, AMS etc.... then come the WFG it again was £11.99...so after also investing into iRacing i felt i just had to try to spend some time seeing what the people who rave about RF2 are getting that i couldn't...
So after good few hours and a lot of wondering what the fuss was all about, i opted in to the DX11 beta... first good move! Wow, it looks OK, its sharp, its not million miles away from being actually nice looking...
Then I realised the cars were on low graphic settings so once i clicked to max my cockpit and other cars looked crisp and beautiful! Then came the track mods, Croft etc and the retro 1990's F1 cars..and the US2000 and F2 cars....and the Flat 6 Porkys!!
When it feels right its fantastic, so glad i own this along with the rest, i can finally say i get what RF2 fuss is about, just a few little bits that set it apart physics wise, the others are sublime also, but RF2 just wins by a nose IMHO...just.
Love it and love the sims we have to play with this generation.

I'm hoping to give it another go this week!! Every time I've tried it, my performance with my pc has been very poor. I hoped dx11 would help, but no. Having gone vr now the poor optimization for my configuration has frustrated me. I've never really had a chance to really drive rf2 to see how good it is. I've bought a gtx 1080 and more ram to add to my new cpu cooler and overclock of 4.7ghz on my i5 2500k. Hoping it will finally get rf2 running better, so l can give it a proper go!! :)

For me I currently a using mainly one car, USF2000 and one track, Silvertsone GT, 20 min qual 10 lap race. It's simply incredible, this car I feel everything, if i over cook it i can feel the cars tyres getting past the point of no return but i can sense it and deal with it and in many cases save it. This is what i want in a sim! You can really feel at one with the car and tyres and can only assume its the tyre model, simply outstanding and the racing with AI so far has been stunning and in those cars proper close and each 'driver' withing it after several races they all have dare i say personalities, they will qual in similar places and the same guys will be at the front, there is seemingly no random AI generator, each driver has a skill set, this makes each race much more interesting for me.
I love this.
All these current sims are pretty good at convaying the sense of actual driving on track but this one is a notch above them all IMO...

I'll have to give them a try gasoline12 as I tried the Enduracers PCC mod at Oulton Park and Sebring and I wasn't impressed :-/. Even on high details with my rift (the GTX 1080 did the trick) it looked poor quality still (much better than before) and the driving wasn't as involving as I'm used to in iRacing in the same combo.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 366 15.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%