1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This game looks pretty sweet with DSR @4k and no AA

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Greg Latty, Jan 30, 2015.

1. I was doing some testing to see how high I can go graphically with this game and I must say Im pleasantly surprised. Using DSR (nvidia), I upscaled the game to 4k (3840x2400 -16:10), No AA and everything maxed out except:
    Opponent detail = high
    texture filter = 8x
    shadow blur = fast
    road reflection = low

Im getting 45-50 fps at the start of the race with 29 AI cars. eventually leveling of at 60 with no traffic. I gotta say, besides lighting, this game looks nearly as good as Assetto Corsa with these settings. And even at 45fps i wasnt really noticing any stuttering besides in the replays. Heres a quick snapshot I took during the race in the URD Aston at Laguna Seca...More pics a few posts down

[​IMG]
    Anyway just a random post. Im new to this game and little things like this get me excited :D

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.

It does look good.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Oh and my rig is running a i5 2500k,GTX 780 and 8gb ddr3 ram

4. heres a couple more at Belgium
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

:)Oh Greg Greg Greg, now we're going have msdan in here and you know how particular he is about graphic settings and If he doesn't get what you have then you have been warned :)

• Haha Haha x 1
  6. haha. its cool, I dont mind helping him get these gfx. If i remember correctly he has a better card than me :)

7. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.

all this talk of graphics, I thought I was in an Asseto Corsa thread for a second:whistling:

• Haha Haha x 4
  8. wait.. this isnt the Assetto forum?.. oops wrong forum. Mods please redirect ;)

9. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

I've been playing around with dsr settings the last week but found that rf2 responded and looked a bit better with no dsr and some sparse grid supersampling for me, I've been using 4x dsr on both GSCE and R3E with very little hit on performance, but rf2 seemed to take a bigger hit.