This game looks incredible with Nvidias new DSR

Im sure most of you nvidia users have already downloaded the latest driver for their card, but for those who didnt, Nvidia cards can now downsample up to 4k resolutions with minimal performance hits. Ive been mainly messing around with Assetto Corsa since that game had so AA issues, but I decided to bump up the res in GSC and man does it look great. Check out the screens below.
2607le1.png

205vc5z.png

5d5phv.png

After some more playing about DSR smoothness is the values that change the look a lot. 33% is default, 0% is jaggy, 25% is about the sweet spot for me, I can lower in game AA and gain FPS without losing fidelity.

As I suspected, its whole lot of options and settings to play about with, just what every PC gamer needs.

For the trekkies out there.

5Q1KwVn.gif

Reactions: Nox
Slightly off topic but gained big in BF4 by about 30-40fps because I can turn of AA deferred settings in game and just run at DRS 25% smoothing.
NYDl9OD.jpg

EDIT: Not that this old man can play FPS's anymore.

Last edited:
It's kind of hard to put across the difference with pics.....but trust me, the difference is most definitely there. On some games in bucket loads. Been playing around with this for about two weeks or so, and it completely transforms some games.
The only thing to point out is that if you run at 4x the native resolution, you do not get the extra real estate screen wise, as it obviously still runs it at 1080 for example, so it appears on pics to be the same as a standard screen......sorry sounds confusing even to me and I just wrote it. Probably why some are not seeing the difference.

Its not a night and day difference in my opinion and the performance hit isn't worth it you prefer to have all the eye candy turned on which I do. I'm lucky to pull off 2x DSR at 1920x1080 and maintain 60fps in most games which is the only way I play. 4x DSR is basically 4k resolution rendered then downsampled to 1080p but the performance hit is much too great to maintain 60fps. This is with a highly overclocked GTX 980.

My other PC runs dual GTX 980's in SLI and while it can do DSR, I run 2560x1600 resolution on a Dell 30" monitor so there's really not much benefit to trying to render the image higher than that and downscale it back down.

No go for me. :(

Limited refresh rate of my monitor only allows one setting - 3840 x 2160 - above the default 1920 x 1080 and that kills the framerate too much for me. Using the 1920 x 1080p setting with DSR at 4X and Smoothing at 100% still leaves jaggies on the track edges.

Wombat.dll still the best solution for me.

Good to know though if I ever get a better monitor.

managed to get it to play ball again in windows 10, changed the refresh rate in the nvidia control panel to 59 from 60 and the DSR resolutions are once again showing up and working in game.

edit: @Blkout - you were correct about the huge performance hit on greedier games, bf4 ultra'd out and 4xdsr 16x AA brought my machine to its knees...good job GSCE runs so well

Last edited:
Some more quick tests on GTX660Ti small overclock.

GSCE- Looks better at 2351x1323 with 2xAA, 25% DSR smoothing 150-200fps track map & fraps working as wombat.dll not needed.:thumbsup:
Assetto Corsa-Too much of hit fps wise so will probably not run it at the moment and also the driving experience is not great anyway.:thumbsdown:
Battlefield 4- 1920x1080 AA deferred off, AA post High, 25 % DSR Smoothing gain about 30fps and looks better.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Wasteland 2 Resolution changes dont seem to be recognised, 25% DSR Smoothing small 5-10 fps hit, Looks a bit nicer.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
Batman Origins- 2351x1323, FXAA, 25% DSR Smoothing doesnt hit FPS much and does look nicer.:thumbsup:

So what can we conclude from this. Probably best way to describe the effect is some you win, some you lose.

And I have just lost another night of my life playing with graphic settings when I should be enjoying my gaming time.

Need to punish myself now.
QYgtmq1.gif

Last one promise.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 128 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 100 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.6%