F1 2016 This game is too hard for me

F1 2016 The Game (Codemasters)
I'm really really struggling. After nearly a week, I'm no nearer getting any kind of consistency. I do like the game but I just can't keep the car on the track. Cornering I seem to have to turn my G920 twice as far as I should do and I have it set at 360% rotation. I've spent more time off the track and I think I may have hit my limit with this game. I've tried different AI settings but I'm so far off the pace. I can't manage the r&d stuff and gradually the enjoyment is going which is a shame as it is a very good game. I've only had my G920 a month after my TX died and it's a decent wheel but I feel my limit is reached with this. Anyone else struggling or have any ideas how to tame this game. Cheers

Double turning is where I'm turning my wheel twice as far as the cockpit wheel plus I'm having to cross my arms when I turn. It's like my wheel rotation is 900% when it's 360%.
I'm confused honestly, if it's locked to 360 degrees it should more or less match the on screen wheel, you should double check and/or change the default profile to 360 (i already pointed out that i use 375 to account that 360 isn't quite 360).

Jim - I have a G29 on PS4 and I also hated how much I had to turn the wheel. I can't set anything in the profiler because I'm not on PC, but here is some wheel settings that were recommended to me and I love them now:

ADVANCED WHEEL SETTINGS:
Everything 0 except;
Steering saturation 40 (This will make the wheel more sensitive at dead center, so you don't have to turn as much)
Brake saturation 65 (This will make brakes more sensitive and should help with stopping by the corner)

FORCE FEEDBACK:
Feedback strength 85
Environmental FB 70
Wheel weight 80

You Sir are legend! I've just taken about 6 seconds off my lap times. The wheel turns like it's suppose to, I'm trying saturation at 50 but the brake saturation is also a game changer. Thank you and to all the others who have posted advice. Now to get in the top 2000 on the leader-board lol

General idea of breaking (applies to the game and real life):

You can (and need to) break hard while speed is high. In high speed there is no risk for tyres locking. There's too much force (weight and downforce) to give tyres grip on the track to prevent them from locking. Later in the breaking zone however, when speed is lower, downforce and momentum is less, in relation to traction, and at one point tyres will lock. You prevent that by easing up the break pedal. Too get this effective you will need practice.

So in summary: break hardest in the beginnig, and release the break pedal later. If wheels lock you where too late to ease the breaking.

When I started with F1 2016, I thought it would be much easier to get acquainted with the car/track/etc. by using an automatic transmission so I wouldn't have to worry about that. I was running off the track all the time and running way off the pace. A few days ago, I decided to use manual. It has made a world of difference.

This helped me. In the G27 profiler, you can set the sensitivity of the steering wheel and pedals. The default is 50%. Try turning them down a little and see if that makes a difference. You find the sensitivity by clicking on the words "Steering Wheel" in the profiler display (it's not under any of the pulldowns) and selecting the one that has "Axis" in it. I'm currently running the steering wheel at 35% and the brakes at 40%.

You Sir are legend! I've just taken about 6 seconds off my lap times. The wheel turns like it's suppose to, I'm trying saturation at 50 but the brake saturation is also a game changer. Thank you and to all the others who have posted advice. Now to get in the top 2000 on the leader-board lol

Glad I could help! Someone else suggested those settings so I can't take credit. Glad you are enjoying the game again though!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.0%