1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Thinking of triples...

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Fred Owen, Dec 9, 2012.

1. I know their worth it! But the starting question has got to be...
    1) All the monitors are the same size... but how big is too big?
    2) could I comfortably go for this ? http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN46D8000YFXZA-specs ....... and not have input lag issues that we see so often on rigs..
    :) thanks in advance

2. bump.

3. Not sure about those but maybe go for 3, 27 inch screens.

I run BENQ´s 2410T 120Hz and i would go for anything that´s in the 120Hz range.
    That way you´ll future proof them somewhat.

4. 46 is too big.... is 32 better or 37? :)

5. i'm posting to help you along alittle, so I second Hampus. Look for 120hz. As for size thats personal preference. As for make and if in your budget research/compare with Sharp, if you decide to go TV's.

6. I went for 3 x 32" in the end, tried 40s and 46s and it looked and felt rediculous

7. Fred, no TV's at all, way to much input lag.

8. so 3x32 is ok ?

9. Alex Ball

Alex Ball
    Web Nerd

I'd say so. I want to make the move to 32's at some point - currently have 23's and they feel tiny.

10. I don't like Virtual reality :S

11. With the speed that VR headsets have been moving along, it will be another 4 to 10 years before we see them commercially available and of such a quality and price that they will be a decent replacement for monitors.

12. Mwaah,i have good hopes for this one,watched several video's of people testing it (the developers kit),and they were all very enthousiastic about it,also some (big) game developers are working with them, and it should retail at a decent prize.
    Sheaper then 3 monitors.
    So i'll keep my fingers crossed.:thumbsup:

13. Fred: oh well if vr isnt your thing so be it.
    Just wanted to give you another option:).

I'm very hopefull about this Oculus rift,
    although i have to admit that 3x 27inch still sounds very tempting to me.;)

14. One big issue with VR goggles is the fact that you no longer see anything outside the game, like your wheel and shifter. And while you can prob go by muscle memory after a while I think it'll be working against immersion when you can't see what you're doing. VR is s great concept, but maybe not for sim racing. Besides if you've spent lots on a killer wheel you prob wanna see it while playing ^^

15. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

I think I saw a new (well still in development) vr goggle that has cameras to interact with the outside wolrd..
    so you should see your wheel infront of you:)

16. From what I have seen, most of the VR systems are open below the screens to allow you to interact with real objects.

17. Isnt that the whole idear behind VR? to get really drawn into the game,every where,all around you?:O_o:

It's a great concept,especially for sim racing.:)
    Yes, you dont see your steeringwheel.So?
    For me (and i think for most drivers) ,that's no big deal,i'll choose total immersion over a steeringwheel anytime.I'll know where the buttons are by hart .
    If one should have a buttonbox or stuff like that, it might be another story.

But like i said earlier,3x 27inch sounds also very nice to me.:cool: