Thinking of buying Race07 - need some quick advice.

I went on Steam and downloaded the demo. Works great, my DFGT wheel works well. I'd like to get back into racing online so this seems like a good way to get back into it. I'm and older guy who has raced online since the Hawaii(anyone remember that?) and GP Legends days. 56k Modems, yeah!

My question is this: what package on Steam do people recommend? There's the Sim Bin MegaBundle which seems ok, a lot of stuff for one price. But will I need all that? Or is there a better Race07 package that I should go for? Money is an issue, but I can certainly afford the MegaBundle if it's what most people have and will allow me to race online with folks most often.

Also: My favorite track is the Ring Nordschleife, so any package that has that would probably get my $$$.

Thanks, and hope to see some of you online eventually.

Well, with the Megabundle you're pretty much covered when it comes to the races that are held here. I think the only expansion missing is STCC 2 and it is often used for Club Racing so if you feel the need to race with the group with the cars from STCC 2 you could always just buy the expansion at a later date.

There isn't much activity with GTR but GTR 2 is still alive and well (outside of RD), especially with Power & Glory mod being out and there is still online racing going on with GTR 2's default cars.

GT Legends is also a great one and there is club racing going on here with it as well. There is a great group over there and the staff is always putting on good events.

Last edited:
I almost have the full content from Race07 except GTR 1&2.
I don't use it all, and 70% of what I use is touring cars, but I love to try smth different from time to time and don't regret spending a few more $ on tracks/cars I rarely drive.

My advice go for it, you never know when you'll get bored and want to try smth different.
And if money is an issue you can just get it bit by bit (as i did) tough it will cost you a bit more in the end.

My advice too would get all the packages. You definitely won't regret it. I would also advise using Sim Race manager because race07 can get a bit grumpy when using mods like we sometimes do here and you might have problems joining organised races. It keeps all the mods tidy and you only need to activate the mod you want to use for that particular race. Dead easy to use.

Welcome by the way and hope to see you on track soon :)

Thanks for your replies. After reading all the different pages on the SimBin site, I decided to skip the MegaPack and just get the Race07 stuff. I didn't think I'd like the older GT2 stuff, and the only real track I'm missing out on is Spa (I'm sure there's others, but Spa was the biggest one for me) and even then I still can't get used to the modern Spa layout.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back