Thinking about a purchase

Douglas Aird

Douglas Aird
Premium
I see Assetto Corsa in the Steam sale, I think I will buy it but I am wondering if I should get the Dream packs, too. Are the cars and tracks used in Race Department club and league racing?

Not bothered about the Porsche dlc for now.

you can refund on steam (it works .. tested on Porsche Season pass) .. so go ahead and try them and keep what you like ... just watch out, there is a time and time in game limitation for refund ... 14 days and 2h ingame
http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/

bad thing about AC is that you need to own all cars used in race, not just the one you wanna drive ... for example gt3 being popular and spreaded across multiple dlcs you need to get all of them or find server with vanila content only (not sure you will)

well ...
  • Jap. pack doesn`t contain cars from classes already in game (GT3, GT2, ..) so unless you wanna race Mazda Cup I think you don`t really need it. But it is on sale for 2.49 Euro so you just might get it as well :)
  • Red pack has 488 GT3 so you wont be able to race in GT3 races, or F1 races with Ferrari F1
  • Tripple pack .. not necessary ... Praga is sweet though and it costs nothing (1.79 Euro at this mmnt)
just check Calendar in top menu on RD and you`ll see what kind of races are running in AC here

The game + all DLC´s cost €60, that´s normal price for a newly released AAA game.

If you don´t want Porsches, which would be a big mistake imo (not a Porsche-fan myself), you can get everything for €44. But, I would use that discount to get Porsche packs as well, I must admit that they contain some of the best cars in the game, all on latest tiremodel.

one last thing .. if you wanna participate on RD races, Automobilista is quite populare here (I guess most running MP sim ?) .. if you don`t own it take ale look at those sale prices, you won`t get better sim for those money .. sry for offtopic have nice simfull holidays :)

The full Reiza catalogue is on sale on Steam since yesterday, with up to 75% in discounts

Thanks ouvert, I just bought Automobilista (with the full dlc) a few weeks ago (I'm getting back into racing after quite a while away from it) and it's great. The main reason for getting Assetto Corsa is for the Gt cars which is the only big missing from Automobilista. I also want to see what the graphics, ffb and physics are like.

Will I also need the Japanese, Red and Triple packs for RD races?
Of the three packs above I'd say you need for RD club races the Red one, because contains the 488 GT3 and the Maserati MC GT4, that are used in the GTs events.
You may think later for the Jap pack, because contains the Mazda MX5 cup car, though at the moment is less used for the club races after the league ended.
Lately there are massive grids in the Porsche 911 GT3 Cup events, so also the PP3 would be required for that.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back