1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Think this can be better than Dirt rally!

Discussion in 'Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo' started by Msportdan, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

okay I know I'm gonna get shot down for this.

Yes okay it clearly has some issues in the demo. But ive got it to work on my t300 and I think with some hard work this could be a dirt rally beater.

My reasons behind this=

-FFb is/can be better than dirt especially on tarmac not so flat and numb.
    -More believable physics on tarmac sooo far (hasn't got DR ultra downforce grip on tarmac)
    -Better stages small narrow and damn more fun and realistic.
    -Visuals and replays look like the real thing.

Don't believe me try back to back the polo on a similar Monaco stage.. I think seb has a opportunity to be a better rally game/sim!

Thanks to sebastian Loeb hes actually got me back into rally sims! Not a lot has lately.

T300 GTE/TH38 SHIFTER
    FFB 65 VIB 35

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  2. What does this tell you that no one is posting or replying in this forum.
    As far as I'm concerned this is a very long way behind Dirt Rally, doubt I will be buying it.

3. Yeah I played the Demo of SLRE and I really wanted this game to be good but I was so dissapionted, Its way behind Dirt Rally a real shame.

4. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

sorry and this looks better? looks even more arcade!!

5. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Why does it have to be a comparison between games?
    The things that is bad about SLRE isn't bad because DiRT is better on those areas.
    The things that is bad about DiRT isn't bad because SLRE is better on those areas.

SLRE isn't good because you feel DiRT is bad. And DiRT isn't good because person X feels SLRE is bad.

I am so tired of biggest willie contests in simracing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

it doensn`t look that unrealistic to me comparing to real onboard cams :) not saying Dirt is super realistic but in that video there is nothing even close to "unrealistic" things happening in real rally cars

those drivers are crazy, doing physics defying things in those cars ..

I would expect if I`m flying in air over crest sideway in 100kmh I would crash on landing .. but nope, they just land in proper akacady way :)

to see how crazy it is from outside:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  7. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

just bought this and I can safely stick buy my guns, this IS the next gen best rally sim at the moment. Yes you may think I'm mad, but milestone deserve some respect here this rallies well!! and will get more seat time for me than DIRT.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Will be interesting to test next week for me. There was something in the demo that felt better than all earlier Milestone attempts. But input lag, problems with re-binding steering wheel, no call for help that worked, framerate issues on a level that I've never experienced before, almost the same car even with a punctured tire and some other issues was quite overwhelming.

Also the first time I've seen the brakelights come on with the use of handbrake. It's also interesting that if you have the throttle in, it is impossible to lock the wheels with the handbrake and lastly in the car setup, if you alter the handbrake pressure, it will tell you that a higher pressure will give a bigger chance for locking wheels when braking.

There are lot of things to fix.

• Haha Haha x 1
  9. Dude, can I have what you're smoking? It's like to... uh... see the greatness of the stuff... you know.

• Haha Haha x 1
  10. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

deleted answer not worth a pot.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  11. Im having a lot of fun with this game. Sure, its not as good as Dirt, but still worth playing if you're a rallyfan and willing to accept some "simplified" physics.

I think i've played every rallygame ever released and i would rank this in third place behind Dirt and RBR.

Works really well with my Thrustmaster TX and TH8A shifter.

12. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

I finally got my Dirt Rally working again (error 41) so I`ll be catching up with that .. but I`m still open to try this one for more casual have a beer and rally kind of experience ..just waiting for more comunity feedback about it ...vids from demo looked very bad ..

13. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

I would say steam refund (if you don't like it) don't go by the demo. Its been updated with a day one patch.

• Haha Haha x 1
  14. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

I`ll just wait a little .. lots of games to race in, that two months waiting for Dirt to work got me pretty eager to try it again .. also AMS should be behind the corner ..

15. Arne Dopudja

Arne Dopudja
    Leader of the infamous Chevy Gang.

But if Dirt ever gets revised v3 physics, it should be better than SLRE. Atm im having more fun with Seb, immersion wise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Daniel zz

Daniel zz
    Premium Member

I bought it yesterday and started playing today 7h and it feels great :thumbsup:
    Just to get the settings right and you will have a really good game.

I bought every rally game from Milestone, but this is just in an other league :thumbsup::thumbsup:.
    The sounds from alot of the cars is :poop: so they really need to get better.

17. You really have to try this to change your mind about Dirt Rally:
    http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/racked-custom-ffb.8731/
    On T500, set damper and spring at 100%. In game everything around 100% too.
    Having a blast on all surfaces. Specially on tarmac is a game changer for me.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  18. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Tried the Finnskogen stage in Sweden (well... It's in Norway) both ways. And I do not recognize any single part of the stage. And I've been through it more than once, both ways. So much for 1:1 stage recreation.

19. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

I've put the ffb folder in the game installation folder but what's the removal part of the instructions, am I supposed to do anything with that? Surely I can just remove the one folder from the game installation folder if I want to go back to game default.

20. Daniel zz

Daniel zz
    Premium Member

I have t300 and it feels great just, just got ffb to 50 and the one under to 65 dident do enything els.

• Love Love x 1