• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Things I really want to see in GTR 3

Discussion in 'GTR 3' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +11,454
    Well these kinds of threads never get boring so why the devil not eh?

Things I would really love to see in the new GTR game (in no particular order):
    • Full series licence - all the cars, all the tracks, all the rules.
    • Proper race weekend schedule (opportunity to set multiple practice sessions to my desired length, quali and race rules etc).
    • Day to night transition.
    • Dynamic weather.
    • Weight penalties (if applicable)
    • Reverse grids / 2 or 3 race formats (again if applicable)
    • Detailed damage model including ability to write off the car, mechanical damage and realistic pit times to repair)
    • Manual pit stops (including animated crews)
    • Manual race starts
    • Formation laps
    • AI drivers with "personality". Stuff like Alonso mega brave, Verstappen dangerous under brakes :)roflmao:) Maldonado in the wall etc.
    • VR support
    • Animated flag marshals
    • Dynamic track surface (like rF2)
    • Real weather
    • moddable content (especially liveries for online leagues and stuff)
    • Driving school module (not bothered personally but I know its a popular request)
    • Future full series DLC packs (including relevant tracks for that series)
    • Awesome dedi server support and broadcasting UI for our leagues and clubby races
    That's about it off the top of my head :)

Feel free to add your own opinions on what you want the game to have when it releases in the comments :)

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Retro PC Sim Racer Premium

Ratings:
    +2,982
    I want all of that and brilliant AI and full replays with a director mode. And I would like animated podium celebrations. :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. David Wright

David Wright

Ratings:
    +256
    To add a couple of features from GTR2

1) hot-lap feature with ghost car and dynamic race line reflecting your fastest lap.
    2) race engineer audio messages

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. paracletus

paracletus

Ratings:
    +133
    Bernie ecclestone walking around the paddock, grid girls :D

No, good list all covered there.
    Was going to say rain and fog, but looks like they got it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +11,454
    I would also love to see free roam spectator mode added.

Something where you could walk around the outside of a track (while a race was in progress) and meet up with people you know. You could have a sit down in a good viewing spot and have a TS conversation with your mates, all whilst watching the racing action! How awesome would that be :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    rFactor Senior Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +6,535
    Bring back RTR (real time racing) :)

7. Erwin Sch

Erwin Sch

Ratings:
    +7
    I'd like to add to the list:
    • Online driver profiles, including safety/performance rating. Online events could require a certain minimum (safety) rating before you can join, so pick-up races could have league-like quality. Stats like ratings, average finish position and personal bests should be easily accessed by rightclicking on driver in an online event. The online profile should be an incentive to drive properly; finish every race you start.
    • Detailed live timing, with color coded sector times, speed trap, and a circuit diagram with driver positions to see whats going on. Data for drivers who have left the server are maintained during a session.
    • Basic in-game telemetry analysis, with a graph to compare lap deltas of selected laps.
    • Smart replay cameras, which frame not just your car like you see in current games. Instead, like on television, during an overtake both cars should be in view. And at the start of a race, show a more zoomed-out overview shot.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Mikko Lashay

Mikko Lashay

Ratings:
    +27
    I know the title has to do with GT cars but I'd also like a high tech open wheeler to be included. I'd also like an offline time attack mode.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. D.Boon

D.Boon

Ratings:
    +23
    Open wheelers provide support races for some GT Series don't they?

Nothing saying open wheelers won't be part of GTR3, it is just a name :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +373
    dedi server with broadcast suite /race control
    ability to throw full course yellow/code 60 by race admin ,
    ability to throw live penalties as judged by race control
    race control has multi cameras
    ability to drive snatch tractor/safety car/ recovery vehicle

ability to run season financial budgets/repairs/race fees/prize money/driver fees
    time scaled repairs
    damage carrying over during race weekend
    tyre limits , number of sets etc/ tyres keep wear ... ability to scrub in tyres

complete damage models
    tyres .. flat spots /punctures/side wall damage
    suspension, triangle; springs , top links ,
    splitter ,wings , bonnet , undertray, rear diffuser etc ... aero effect
    mirrors
    engine components
    water pump, alternator, battery/voltage
    steering/ rack/ tie rod ends/ power steering(electric/hydraulic)
    Engine misfire
    fuel pump
    ecu
    gearbox
    clutch
    drive shafts
    brakes ; leaking hydraulics
    disc/pad wear
    boiling hydraulics
    long pedal at end of life
    full brake failure

full pitcrew
    pitcrew mistakes (percentage/chance algorithm)

Fines; financial (budget)
    driver licence with point system

driver health % based on crashes carry over through weekends (translated as a % being removed from overall car performance)

Fantasy zone ,

driver fights based on tekken
    ability to sneak to motor home with grid girls

Andi

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Rodent

Rodent
    Premium

Ratings:
    +270

Oh man, I'd totally watch RD Le Mans in drunken VR. Might be a bit of a hard sell on the better half though.

For other wishes, probably the WEC or Blancpain License with some other modern classics of GT3 racing like Bathurst, Sepang etc. as DLC. IMSA too ofcourse.

Also a really solid career, like F1 2016 and Project CARS had a baby would be awesome. A zero to hero type deal with a few familiar faces like a crew chief and an agent following along pushing you on. Winning a support series and having a radio message yelling "Fare thee ****ing well shunters, we're off to the big show". :D

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. D.Boon

D.Boon

Ratings:
    +23
    You'd have no time for racing :D

13. lionofjudah72

lionofjudah72
    Premium

Ratings:
    +66
    Hi

A complete downloadable game, Not online based like R3E
    Custom Liverys
    RAIN...!!!!

Thank you
    Ant

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey

Ratings:
    +11,454
    @Andi Goodwin

Basically I'd agree with everything on your list man :)

Especially this -

Now that would be sweet! Love the idea of a car going off into the gravel (where gravel traps actually exist nowadays anyway) and getting stuck. Add in a local yellow whilst the car is manually removed from the situation would be awesome! Plus driving the manual safety car would allow me to actually lead a race for a while too, yay :D

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. D.Boon

D.Boon

Ratings:
    +23
    These are basically confirmed iirc. :)

16. VernWozza

VernWozza

Ratings:
    +32
    I love this!

17. VernWozza

VernWozza

Ratings:
    +32
    You know one feature I would love to see....Limited amount of chassis per race weekend. I.E. You don't have unlimited amount of cars to jump in every time you bin it off.

So if you write off a car in practice one, well, you probably don't make practice 2 or maybe even 3.

It's only a little thing but I have never seen it implemented.

• Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Rodent

Rodent
    Premium

Ratings:
    +270
    That'd be really cool, having a race weekend be 72, 96, 120 hours long. Get one free repair (team bringing an extra car), then any sort of repairs will eat time, if said repair eats more time then available before a session you'll have the option of opting out or fielding a not fully repaired cars. Would also instill a sense of "fear" in singleplayer where you generally push it to the limit at all times as things are at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. VernWozza

VernWozza

Ratings:
    +32
    Exxxxxxxactly. Why has this not been a feature until now? I would love that feature, especially when learning new tracks. Imagine having to ease your way into the weekend at a new circuit rather than just hooning it round the very first lap, hitting the wall at 100mph pressing ESC and starting again. Would be epic!

• Agree Agree x 6
  20. delpinsky

delpinsky

Ratings:
    +56
    Nice!
    I would add something me and my friends quite liked back in the day with Grand Prix Series by Geoff Crammond!

- Hotseat multiplayer mode
    Turn based multiplayer mode on the same PC/Console. Select: number of human players, number of turns per human player, then the engine will estimate how many minutes/laps the human players will drive before the AI will take place. Player 1 turn ended, 5 seconds countdown, then human player 2 will take the drive and so on, up to the max number of human drivers selected. Is the same for practice, qualifying and race.

And also...

- Custom Championships, custom grids based on RL Series.
    With the possibility to select among the rules of the main motorsport Series (Blancpain, ADAC, WEC, DTM, BTCC, WTCC etc etc). Single licensed cars and cars under fake names/liveries to cover a whole Series even when there's no full Series license acquired. This way modding can help filling the gap with skins, until the license of the real car or a Series has been acquired.

• Agree Agree x 1