The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Did you try 'Renderable Spline' modifier for cables?

Oh, and I spent last night researching teams, manufacturers and logos from the 1930s and 1940s

pitboxes_01.jpg

Last edited:
What I'm working on:
597px-Circuit_Mont-Tremblant_Track_Map.svg.png

Image is not mine, but from from Wikimedia.

I'm probably going to only do the full course, but might endeavor (depends on how smart I can get) to do various layouts.
Sweet! Really hoping you can get that scenery to look somewhat decent :)
Once you've done the full course, the short courses aren't that much more work. I'd say definately go for it and prepare everything so you can eventually do them.

A Ford P68, and it's hard to find any proper refs of, since only two is left.
And it's practically my first 3D model, so it's a LOT of trial and error.
Mostly error.

View attachment 155392
And it's going to take a long time that's for sure.

Thats great !! I've been thinking about modeling this car, it is beautiful car, and I guess it is not worse than GT40, I guess. One thing I know that it is a stunner. These were the years when cars were at their peak in terms of beauty. From 70s aero and safety would take a part away from the beauty.

Your model looks fine already. But I know that this angle is easiest to match. Real challenge is to get correct look from ALL angles. It was probably biggest challenge to get XJ13 look right from the front, and I still feel that something could be reshaped.

My first advice would be not to rely on "blueprints" too much. And while taking real pictures, try to match fov, obviously.

If you'll need help, then feel free to ask help from me. I have been working with blender, so I might not know a lot of ways in other 3D applications, but principles should be similar.

Actually the main reason I started, was looking at your thread of the Jaguar, seeing how rough it was at the beginning to where it ended up.
So I thought, If he can get to that result, from that start, so can I. (I hope)
I'm still very much a noob in the 3D area, so it will take some time.

Edit: Thanks for offering help - I'll probably need it at some point.

Most dancers around are OK with the floor they are dancing on. If the problem is actually related with AC software and you could investigate and report in official forums, I guess that would be a good job. But it seems that you are blaming the floor for hindering your performance at the moment. Go post it to AC official forum physics bugs subforum and experienced guys will tell you if you are right or wrong, and hopefully you'll have good discussion there. If you already didn't @RC45 ? This is not that place to do that, it is silly here.

I daresay that if there is a new build of the FMOD API included in AC 1.9, soundbanks built with older versions of FMOD might not work. Pain in the ass, sure, but it's a mild inconvenience these days when the builds aren't coming out thick and fast like they used to.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back