The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Yeah, the car weighs in around 600kg - that coupled with the bikes original gearing (very long first gear (compared to a car), quite close ratios), it really struggles to get going. There's really not much torque, and obviously uses the revs to get the power. The electric motor helps normal driving at lower revs, and just adds to the torque curve throughout in the racey-er mode, meaning it brings power up a fair chunk (50bhp if i remember correctly, bringing the 170bhp (at the wheel) up to 220bhp).
Yeah that's understandable. And the long first gear is because outside of a track you don't get past 2nd at legal speeds so 1st has to do a large range of speeds on the street.

I'd expect it weighs more than 2x what the Beamer does. Twice the wheels, brakes, has a full canopy plus aero package. Would think the electrics would help a lot with low end torque.
If it was 400kg, a 999c engine wouldn't struggle that much. 180HP at the wheel makes it just under 0.5P/W and litre bikes don't struggle that much for torque (with more appropriate gearing of course) And more appropriate gearing is a must to be honest, as explained in my previous post.

But it's fictional and I like bikes, sorry for asking a question about the engine integration for the interesting concept.

If it was 400kg, a 999c engine wouldn't struggle that much. 180HP at the wheel makes it just under 0.5P/W and litre bikes don't struggle that much for torque (with more appropriate gearing of course) And more appropriate gearing is a must to be honest, as explained in my previous post.

But it's fictional and I like bikes, sorry for asking a question about the engine integration for the interesting concept.

That's no problem :) I'll be updating my beta test download tomorrow, I'll send you a link, see what you think.

Last couple of pics before I go - always enjoy seeing the bare chassis!

F41IQ6wh.jpg

LDBa9Xlh.jpg

(rear uprights are just the fronts mirrored, they'll get adjusted to suit soon).

I was thinking of trying to adapt some RS Spyder liveries to the 919 but holy crap the mapping on this thing is wacky. Maybe I'll do them for the GT1-98 instead, even though it wouldn't fit as well.

I was thinking of trying to adapt some RS Spyder liveries to the 919 but holy crap the mapping on this thing is wacky. Maybe I'll do them for the GT1-98 instead, even though it wouldn't fit as well.
Out of interest, could you post a screenshot?

Anyone know what might cause the normals to be flipped in the KsEditor?

It seems both my rear calipers normals are flipped after importing into the editor (fronts are fine), but they are all good in 3ds max?

I double checked them in 3ds, but no matter what I do they import flipped?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back