The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

Finally got the terrain in place and knitted to the road. I re-started this project over Christmas when I worked out how to remove trees from LIDAR data :rolleyes: Still a very long way to go, but it's already lots of fun. I'm aiming for a 1972 recreation, as it's also the year of my birth :) Just waiting for my book to arrive from France now... :cool:

MJo4cFy.jpg

xD03TET.jpg

lhKzYQF.jpg

T7KzBYP.jpg

LcjcrJu.jpg

3b3pBnR.jpg

Finally got the terrain in place and knitted to the road. I re-started this project over Christmas when I worked out how to remove trees from LIDAR data :rolleyes: Still a very long way to go, but it's already lots of fun. I'm aiming for a 1972 recreation, as it's also the year of my birth :) Just waiting for my book to arrive from France now... :cool:

What book would that be? I'd love to see some more images of the circuit - I keep finding all the same ones online. :(

#old
:roflmao:

Damn, not many years left till 1NSANE turns 20 :confused:

Holy crap, really!? Damn, now I feel old, too.

Les Grands Prix de F1 a Charade (French) Hardcover – 2006
by Pascal Legrand

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0954676726/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I keep finding little nuggets of information, the more I look. I found an old video of a Simca race only last week, which had a few seconds of on-board footage - I was so excited when I saw it! :D I can send you all my reference photos if you like :)

And tonight, having 'finished' my track layout and terrain, I found an aerial photograph of the old circuit that showed a different corner line entering Tertre de Thèdes :( They massively increased the corner radius when they made the new circuit, and that's the LIDAR data I have been working from.

SDcOiGX.jpg

Back to work tomorrow, I guess :rolleyes:

mclarenf1papa said it is technically an "historic" car so I'm guessing for either an LMP2 of the old generation (looks like an Gibson 015s to me) or the Oreca 07 because it won LMP2 at Le Mans this year. The dive plains look like the ones of the 07.
cant be, you can make out the nose of the car which understandably for the under guy looks the bycolles or late audi r18 high nose.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%