The "What Are You Working On?" Thread

I took a break from working on my Feldbergring track to spend a bit of time on my own personal 'unicorn' project. I have this vision that somewhere in Europe there is a route on public roads that could be as cool and exhilarating as the Nordschleife. My criteria :- long (longer than 16km), fast but with technical sections, different sections with different characters to allow memorising, foresty and green... basically Nords, but not Nords :D

So, I found this place in France, in the Parc Naturel Régional du Morvan with a 26km loop of public roads and I absolutely love it! I have worked on it all weekend and have memorised the course. It's a real rush once you start getting your lines right from one corner to the next, remembering the places that car lifts off the ground, the blind crest, the huge drops... it is heaven :)

Hp4cJer.jpg

oF1fQFm.jpg

I intend to make it into a track like Nords, with armco barriers, curbs, a few run-off areas. I understand that most people won't get the point, but it's an idea I have had in the back of my mind for many months, and this course is the closest I think I have come so far :)

I was going to upload an on-board video but figured you'd all be bored of watching a 10min 30s lap in the Praga R1 :roflmao:
Makes a lot more sense than most of the stuff going on in my head! :roflmao: Good luck :D

I took a break from working on my Feldbergring track to spend a bit of time on my own personal 'unicorn' project. I have this vision that somewhere in Europe there is a route on public roads that could be as cool and exhilarating as the Nordschleife. My criteria :- long (longer than 16km), fast but with technical sections, different sections with different characters to allow memorising, foresty and green... basically Nords, but not Nords :D

So, I found this place in France, in the Parc Naturel Régional du Morvan with a 26km loop of public roads and I absolutely love it! I have worked on it all weekend and have memorised the course. It's a real rush once you start getting your lines right from one corner to the next, remembering the places that car lifts off the ground, the blind crest, the huge drops... it is heaven :)

Hp4cJer.jpg

oF1fQFm.jpg

I intend to make it into a track like Nords, with armco barriers, curbs, a few run-off areas. I understand that most people won't get the point, but it's an idea I have had in the back of my mind for many months, and this course is the closest I think I have come so far :)

I was going to upload an on-board video but figured you'd all be bored of watching a 10min 30s lap in the Praga R1 :roflmao:

OO, Looking forward to this one!

Feldberg wasn't long enough mate? :laugh:

No doubt this will be just as excellent as every other track you've started! :D :D
I look forward to doing laps of it.

Yeah, I know, I know... too many projects started and not enough completed :redface: (call me Gary :D). This one really is just for me though, for the fun of driving it.

You know when you're having fun when you run out of fuel 'testing the layout' ;)

Hp4cJer.jpg

oF1fQFm.jpg

Your Mad :p

Thank you very much ! Just tried with the AMG GT3
This track really deserved an update, and it is perfect ! The physical mesh is quite perfect now ! We can really feel the track as real (not too smooth, not artificially too bumpy either)
5 stars rating without hesitation !

PS : There are a lot of tracks out that need some upgrade on the physical mesh, and yours great skill ;-) ... Monaco 67 or Sonoma for example ...
this one was not my great skill, but i learnt something new on this one from a wise (if slightly grumpy) master;)

In the vein of those S14 with 70s Celica front ends, and Mad Mike's Rx3 fd, I thought I would do one that's actually era-appropriate... RX7 with an 80s Mazda front end.

REjUhS0.jpg

oGK9Jbi.jpg

I dunno what to call it, maybe RX7 Kerauno? (100 internet points if you figure out what this is referencing)

Also pondering whether to put a hood scoop in the same spot as the Turbo II has it (probably indented instead of outward, since the intercooler would hypothetically be in the same place)

Last edited:
In the vein of those S14 with 70s Celica front ends, and Mad Mike's Rx3 fd, I thought I would do one that's actually era-appropriate... RX7 with an 80s Mazda front end.

REjUhS0.jpg

oGK9Jbi.jpg

I dunno what to call it, maybe RX7 Kerauno? (100 internet points if you figure out what this is referencing)

Also pondering whether to put a hood scoop in the same spot as the Turbo II has it (probably indented instead of outward, since the intercooler would hypothetically be in the same place)

Now it looks like one of those hybrids from BeamNG, you know the car it's referencing to, but it's not "exactly" that :whistling:

This is from last week, had 1 hour to spend and put this into the traffic mod I'm working on:

Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt_pacific_coast_11-11-117-18-11-51.jpg
Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt_pacific_coast_11-11-117-18-10-56.jpg

This is from last week, had 1 hour to spend and put this into the traffic mod I'm working on:
In the one hour I had to spend last night I made ~1 meter of intake piping and an intercooler.

you just make a whole car in that time? Or is it adapted from some of your other (commercial) projects?

Well yeah, I don't wanna brag, but I had a couple of free hours as well.
Why did RaceDepartment remove the 'wow' emoji, this is clearly what it was meant for! :p

I used a spare hour a while back to test my theory that the new F1 regs are almost perfect if not for the humongous bus-like wheelbases. 30cm shorter cut out the rear (from a standard 2017 wheelbase length) and to my eyes, it looks 10 times better.

jmg7tD3h.jpg

5Al7MfKh.jpg

• Deleted member 130869

Hp4cJer.jpg

oF1fQFm.jpg

A little late to mention it, and maybe not as pretty but the Isle of Man would fit in that category too.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 403 16.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 274 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 263 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 191 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 318 12.9%