The W.I.P Thread

But it won't be complete, for the moment the first thing to try is only: language in french and GP2 handling on Bahrain is it ok as a BETA release?

EDIT: I have now:
- language in French for season 2012
- GP2 handling for Bahrain AND Abu Dhabi (season 2013 and 2014)
I'm working on the way to have Race 1 / Race 2 and Races distance, I have my solution I'm making it now!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 161052

I thought it was dead, or is it actually?
5 months ago I was correct

Hello :)

Work in progress for my GP2 mod, I'm doing the calendar (2012) because I can't have my steering wheel for a short time.
For the language, I can do it in English but my English is not perfect, and I don't have the game in English, so if someone can do the English language (I do the French one), it would be better. :D

With French language, here are some screenshots:
1415806124-f1-2012-2014-11-11-10-56-18-50.png

-I did Singapore by day myself, I didn't use any other mod for that
- Language is in french and means
"RACE
2012 SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX OF GP2, RACE 1"

(new ones later)

GP2 Ultimate Mod [WIP-Beta]

Hi everybody
:)

I'm here to introduce my next mod:
I'm making the Ultimate GP2 Mod. But what is it?
  • First it's a compilation of actual mod that are necessary or advised for a perfect GP2 mod. I won't release the works of other modders without their permissions! I will just indicate which mods are important! I will ask later if I could also include their mods in the final mod.
  • And then, an additional mod that i'm making to have a perfect GP2 mod (handling, AI, details, Race 1 / Race 2, etc ...)

Why did I create this WIP and Beta thread?
  • Because I need beta testers to get some feedback (I will release sometimes beta files)
  • Because I will probably need some help for the AI part!
  • Because I'm not a skinning modders, and if you like the mod, we can improve the skinning part (with all cars same 3D model for example, or by adding the 2013 or 2014 or 2015 season)
  • Because as I'm French teenager, I'm making a French language, and I prefer letting the English language for someone better than me in English :D

What mods do I advise first:
What mods are necessary for my mod:
What will this mod offer:
  • GP2 mod, (season 2012) with all cars and all drivers (in English and French)
  • Calender of 2012 with 11 week-end (done)
  • Race 1, Race 2 with correct distances of race (done) but I think it's impossible to fix the sprint grid
  • Correct tyres for races, with improve tyre distances for the mod (I think I can not fix the sprint race without pitstop for the moment)
  • GP2 handling for all tracks of the calender: 6 gears in the gearbox, acceleration, braking, maximum speed (done for Sepang, Catalunya, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Valencia)
  • GP2 AI, adapted with the handling: funny AI, making mistakes but not too much, agressive, without tiers but in function of the driver! (for that I need some help)
  • Engine sounds
  • A new trailer video
  • Some details like pictures, logos etc ...
  • Maybe more ...

Finally 1 preview video for the handling :thumbsup: :

Thank you for your help, and I hope you'll like it.
Feel free to comment! ;)

PS: Sorry for my bad English, I'm only a French teenager :D

Last edited by a moderator:
@Skopje14

Sorry bit no WIP threads are allowed in the modding forum, only full mod releases. We have this sticky thread for WIP's or betas, this is the only place where WIP info can be posted.

Cheers

I know, but I thought, as it's a Beta thread I could do this thread. I will release beta files in the next days. And I asked that 2 months ago:

Ok, but in my WIP thread, there will be files to download in order you to try, not only screenshots, so I think a thread can be better no? :unsure:
In this case, it would be considered a release, so I guess it's alright to open a new thread :) Just state in the title it's BETA-testing or something ;)

He's wrong a beta is a WIP.

However, as this is an old game I am going to some flexibility and allow a file release.

Create an upload if you have one in a reasonable state. Release it as a low version number, and do not put 'beta' or 'WIP' in the title. Please do not update it every 5 minutes. It will be flagged up if you release 30 versions in one week

If you do not have a file to upload, then please do not post a WIP/Beta thread as you did earlier.

Just going round the livery now double checking everything making sure its decent ,
Going to finish the specco off and make the second livery for rosberg #6 ,
But was thinking of changing schumacher name to hamilton but have not tried to find any files as of yet ,
The audio I have just been messing around with on and off for a couple of days and have not gone deep into the settings yet but know I can make the turbo more apparent but its sounding ok at the minute ,
Was not sure if you guy,s would like it , I like to receive feedback first :thumbsup:
do you have a download link for the audio...thanks

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back