The W.I.P Thread

Lastly, a few of the helmets that have been worked on.

robot2v.jpg

rb2g.jpg

eyesru.jpg

monster1o.jpg

tr1w.jpg

kb2d.jpg

radioc.jpg

Woah!

These helmets would be perfect for my Request (i might need a few helmets and skins).

ML, you are sooo superb!

With the second helmet, Vettel would have his first wonderful helmet...

Whats the idea behind the team? Then I could maybe suggest a few matching sponsors. :p
Well i don't really know:p Just had the idea of putting dark grey and orange on a car, because i thought it would probably look cool:p But now i come to realise that it does need some sponsorship!

They won't be released as single downloads.

Trying to do all the career choice helmets, and there is a lot of them this year.

I might release them once all of them are complete and I can do the helmet selection screen too.

All depends if I manage to have enough ideas to finish them off as I do not want to put replicas of proper drivers helmets in with the selections.

Think I'm up to about 26 helmets done so far.

Have you included driver specific fantasy helmets like Lewis's Mercedes helmet?

To ALL!

Is there a way to make the helmet visors with tranparency? I find them very nice, but would look much better with transp.

No there isn't, and if there was you wouldn't see anything inside the helmet anyway, as in game the face model part isn't active, it is only ever active for the cutscenes.

No there isn't, and if there was you wouldn't see anything inside the helmet anyway, as in game the face model part isn't active, it is only ever active for the cutscenes.
Actually i don't really wish to see the drivers face inside the helmet.
I want to make a helmet cam. I did some tests yesterday, you can use the camera as if it was inside the helmet, but the problem is that the game renders the helmet visor without transparency, so you just see a white visor in front of you :(
I was trying to find a way but no luck yet. Only way i found to make a helmet cam is by replacing the OSD, i.e. swap the rev counter with an "inside helmet" texture. But it will be 2D and ugly :(

EDIT:

That's how it looks:
screenshot14749.png

Some parts are not rendered (at least from inside) and other are, but with no transparency.
Anyway, thanks for the info ML2166.
If you know a way to do this... please :rolleyes:

No only fantasy helmets are done.

I think including driver specific fantasy helmets as part of the pack would be a good idea for a few reasons:

1) You would be able to finish the pack much earlier.

2) People loved your driver specific fantasy helmets in 2011. Recreating them would be relatively easy and you wouldn't have to spend time thinking of new designs. The Senna tribute, and the fantasy Alonso Monaco helmets were my favorites.

I think including driver specific fantasy helmets as part of the pack would be a good idea for a few reasons:

1) You would be able to finish the pack much earlier.

2) People loved your driver specific fantasy helmets in 2011. Recreating them would be relatively easy and you wouldn't have to spend time thinking of new designs. The Senna tribute, and the fantasy Alonso Monaco helmets were my favorites.

Yep I get what you are saying, but don't really just want to do a re-hash of old designs or just copy whats already in game or what a driver used as a special, not what I'm about really.....lacks imagination.

Copying driver specials is too easy, and too dull.

I'd end up with 15+ vettel helmets alone. :D

I'll get there, may take me a month, may take 6 months.

No it's based on a comp entry for a Petrov helmet, just jigged it a little.
Got it.
I don't know, reminds of something like Transformers or maybe a game, guess it was Mass Effect. :)
One thing is for sure, looks like the helmets F1 drivers are going to use in 2020 ;)

By the way, just saw you profile picture now. Guess thats the helmet for the new "Porsche" (Lizard?)team?
Im not a fan of fictional teams, but I really wouldn't mind adding some engine bhp and kers to Marussia and HRT and swap them with Porsche(?) and Monster Energy(?) teams! :thumbsup:

zelimper my man....lol

Some of my recent WIP I'm currently doing for my game for you.

fl3y.jpg

37348476.jpg

All still WIP...

Oh ML...when i see this car i can´t express what i feel.
I´ve been waiting for a long long time to see someone is thinking of a Porsche livery.
I´m a Porsche mechanic in a workshop so therefore a fitting car is a duty for me ;)

One question: Is it possible to change the red crest on the hood into the original Porsche crest like there is already on the nose and the wheel or it´s already the final release version? What is that red by the way???

PORSCHE F1 ...finally :thumbsup: :D :cool:

zelimper my man....lol

Some of my recent WIP I'm currently doing for my game for you.

toroml20121392t.jpg

49408494.jpg

fl3y.jpg

37348476.jpg

4xhelmets1302.jpg

All still WIP, will be completely creating new teams for all cars.....if I manage to get enough ideas.
ML.... Do you release this livery, steering wheel and helmets?? I love your work,,,, i want to have it in my game :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back