• Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WIP the "UN-NAMED" track project

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder Projects' started by Chris Mackenzie, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Hi All.....I have a fantasy track in the works, still working on it and still learning heaps as I go (partly the reason for the delays)

At this stage the track is known as "bobstrackbuilder" simply because I havent thought of a name for it yet.

The track itself is a multi-layout venue (could be 4 variations - still undecided on that) initial release will be a short "forest loop" track of about 3.9km in size (allowing me to work on the other variations while people are using the loop version) Track includes a long forest/hill section and a small infield deviation as well. so variations could be:

1: Forest loop (initial proposed release)
    2: Long track
    3: Forest loop - infield deviation
    4: Long track - infield deviation

Forest loop track (1) is a realitively simple layout, quite high speed with a couple of tight corners and a couple of little challenging spots thrown in as well - from memory I lapped it in about 1.21min in a "standard" formula 3000

Maximum grid of 22 cars can line up for the start. Tracks are completed, Cameras are in place.

Things left to do are: sort out startlights, place a few more objects around the place and tidy up .GDB and .AIW files (set grids etc etc)
    I would say release (1) is probably about 98% complete, and I'll be looking for some "testers" in the next little while....

Cheers,
    Kiwidemon

2. cool - just looking for more RACE series hilly country type circuits thismorning LOL

3. Oh darn! another issue I picked up last night in a "test" it seems that some of my rumble strips arent registering - "drivable" tick box is checked but no FFB or recognition of the car running over them......hopefully an easy "replace them" fix.

Objects as good as placed - just a few more to finish off the appeal......
    Kiwidemon

4. Are the ripple strips sobjects or textures - if they are textures you will need to set the rf material as "rmbl" (RuMBLe)

5. Nah got it sorted.....my "HAT" file was out of date - updated that and all is good.......

Kiwidemon