The un-excisting handbrake

STILL DOESN`T WORK! BLOODY GAME!

David, relax, it works for me:)

What you have to do is locate the correct .svm file.

Lets say you go practice at Monza. When you go to the garage you can adjust the setup. Now save the setup as "something". This will save a file in My Documents/Simbin/Race07/Userdata/Carsetups/2007_Monza and it is named "something.svm". ALT-TAB to desktop and navigate to this folder and open the "something.svm" file in notepad. Change HandbrakePressSetting to something like 5 and save the file. ALT-TAB to GTRevo and the handbrake is working if you load this setup.

knut, i will try that next thing tomorrow.I will post afterwards! I hope you are right!

Bram, my friend, if you look closer in the cockpit view of the video in the aston martin from the begging you can see his hand reaching for the handbrake 2 times actually!

Don`t tell me he down shifted twice while drifting :) ( ok,you can say he down shifted once....but what about the second time? ..i do that too, downshifting for more power....but not twice....come on....think about it..downshifting two times..means a difference in speed of up to 100 kmh-60 mph or more....if you loose that much....DRIFT OVER)

L.E.: Watched the clip again..between the two times his hand lowers....you can hear no revs...when you downshift..revs go higher than in the previous gear.....so he reached for the handbrake 2 times buddy :) . We have to face it, the guy found out something! And knut may be onto that something!

Afaik, mapping the handbrake makes the handbrake work in production cars. But of course racecars doen't have such a device. Well except the WTCC beemer then..

Rally cars also have hand-brakes/park-brake/e-brake (but rally car have the locking clickers removed so it can be applied on and off easily) and I will stand up (and take a beating for it) but I do class a Drift car as a race car also :)

Knut, i have tried what you told me to, didn`t work, i first tried with 10 on handbrake pressure...then 100 and still nothing..i double checked...i loaded the setup..mapped a button ...then tried and still nothing! Perhaps you colud show me through teamviewer!

Try to change methods, "e-brake" and "long-slide" was easiest but this is not necessarily the best (especially in Evo).These methods are increasingly used in high-level competitions (some of competitors consider as technical for beginner).
Prefer, "clutch kicking" and "feint drift" is better for a car like M3 (also "Braking" for tight turns) but a little training is usefull before obtain a good result (obviously you have to play with the manual clutch).:cool:

Don`t tell me he down shifted twice while drifting :) ( ok,you can say he down shifted once....but what about the second time? ..i do that too, downshifting for more power....but not twice....come on....think about it..downshifting two times..means a difference in speed of up to 100 kmh-60 mph or more....if you loose that much....DRIFT OVER)

L.E.: Watched the clip again..between the two times his hand lowers....you can hear no revs...when you downshift..revs go higher than in the previous gear.....so he reached for the handbrake 2 times buddy :) . We have to face it, the guy found out something! And knut may be onto that something!

I am absolutely certain he downshifted twice to generate the high revs needed to keep the car in a powerslide on the exit. There is no animation for reaching down for the handbrake in SimBin games.

On the subject of not downshifting twice, he could have set two ratios really close together, thus downshifting while keeping the speed up. Plus, he may have been using manual clutch or an H-shifter, accounting for the absence of revs.

I am absolutely certain he downshifted twice to generate the high revs needed to keep the car in a powerslide on the exit. There is no animation for reaching down for the handbrake in SimBin games.

On the subject of not downshifting twice, he could have set two ratios really close together, thus downshifting while keeping the speed up. Plus, he may have been using manual clutch or an H-shifter, accounting for the absence of revs.

I think that not even 1% of what you are saying is true! You could hear tyre squeel when there were no revs! So i don`t think you are right!

Knut, i hope you can show me via teamviewer how to setup handbrake !

I think that not even 1% of what you are saying is true! You could hear tyre squeel when there were no revs! So i don`t think you are right!

No, you are wrong.
There is no handbrake animation in the Simbin sims.
Also I think between the two shifts the guy just presses the clutch and doesn't throttle. And I think you know what a clutch does..

I havn't used teamviewer, but we can try on msn? I'll be online for a while now

EDIT: Which mod are you using btw? I can try myself first to see if I can get it to work

EDIT2: I just tried the Saleen SE mod. The handbrake worked straight away, didn't have to change any files. Try mapping a new button. To see if its working just use the handbrake while going in a straight line and see if the revs drop.

Knut tried to help me again..didn`t work...stupid ass game.....tell me please..rfactor has handbrake?

Does it have the same type of setup files...i kind of got used to the hdc..eng and the rest of the setup files i found in here...?

Turned out to be hard nut to crack this handbrake problem. Wish I could help you more but Im running out of ideas. I sent you a pm with a few things you could try as a last effort.

Both games are based on the gMotor physics engine so most files are identical (.hdc, .sp, .grb, .eng etc...)

the handbrake works for me, but it also works in GTRevo for me... Not sure if it will work for you since they have the same gMotor engine

I heard Simbin removed the handbrake in an update (like 1.2.0.1 or something for offline and 1.1.1.0 or something for online).

Maybe Knut, you don't have the update but david doesn't? (I should try my offline (updated) - see if it works). Also, David, if you did get the update maybe try a clean install (then there will be no update so you could h-brake).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 247 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 163 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.9%