F1 2010 The tracks in F1 2010

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Surprisingly I hardly read any comments on the quality of the tracks in F12010 on various forums. I am positive surprised by how accurate they are build layout wise and impressed by the elevations :thumb:

I know my way pretty good on Istanbul Park but with the differences in heights it looked like a brand new track to me. The first corner going downwards is brilliantly done for example :)

They are absolutely great but I think at some spots it becomes obvious that laser scanning would have had advantages, not only for accurate bumps. At Bahrain that left right after the hill at the start of the new section is completely blind in the game, and when you look at onboard footage you see the corners after the hill much, much earlier. I am using t-cam so shouldn't be so different... not minding it much though, just noticed because in that case the corners are a bit too weird ingame and I wondered if it's same in real life.

I love the tracks :)

Need help to get rid of big blue and white flashes on some tracks.
Silverstone and Hockenheim are the 2 I have most problems with.
I use DX11 and the new track mods.
My setup is:
cpu i7 980
geForce GTX 480 (2x)
SSD
Dell Ultrasharp (2560x1440)
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

i've noticed this with all tracks, that the cars hover above the ground, by mm's not sure why that is

I noticed that too and it can be pretty disturbing while watching a replay. But I dont think that it is because the cars are not touching the track. I think it has to do with the graphic engine. Because it is really like a bright outline around the car, when dark surroundings appear - most visible in the shadows. And if the car would only float, we shouldn't see a bright outline.

I noticed that too and it can be pretty disturbing while watching a replay. But I dont think that it is because the cars are not touching the track. I think it has to do with the graphic engine. Because it is really like a bright outline around the car, when dark surroundings appear - most visible in the shadows. And if the car would only float, we shouldn't see a bright outline.
i may have a look at this myself i never noticed but ill have a closer look and see if what you say is true if it is that kinda sucks

I like the tracks, but they look even better with the Real Sun mod...

I got that mod yesterday and it is the most impressive update so far...and they're quite a few very good ones. It makes a huge difference to the appearance of the game. It's like a totally new product. The tracks look really life-like...with nice blue sun-drenched skies and clouds...no more gloomy light effects. The best thing is that you get this at no framerate penalty.

Having just seen the race in S. Korea, isn't the pit exit all wrong? In the game it has a couple of left hand turns before you get on the track from the pits bit in the race they merged on straight from the pits.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 231 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 223 14.2%