The Tajo Hillclimb

Tracks The Tajo Hillclimb 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
The shaking is rounding errors / lack of decimal precision in the 3D rendering. It is due to the size of the track. It's called popping and due to single precision in XY grid coordinates in the driver. Basically on each frame, at map extents, the final 3D rendering of every asset results in a very slight difference due to lack of decimal precision. This shows stuff moving around very slightly. It's not physics or cars. Evo triangle shows this also in places. At centre of the map it will be stable as near the origin (0,0) - with most decimal places available for precision. Nearer the edge of the map you will have the most popping due to the XY being a big number with limited numbers/precision in the decimal portion. Sorry for poor wording but trying to make simple.
But if you read my last posts the map isn't that big to be that far away from center. I would expect some shaking at this size but not the levels it's getting now. The Targa Florio beta didn't even shake this bad and it is 10x the size.

But if you read my last posts the map isn't that big to be that far away from center. I would expect some shaking at this size but not the levels it's getting now.
Could it be due to the size of the physical mesh?

Certainly, I do not know what error you are talking about, I have not detected it or I have not noticed it.

Well it appears to be normal.....

I just did a test on Nords Endurance and the Dunlop Kurve is the furthest from center at 4.4km and it shakes pretty bad down there. The start of Tajo is 6km from center so it seems to make sense. Wonder if the recent builds of AC somehow made this worse.

the shake and breathing effect is only a thing when stationary. it happens on vanilla content too, its a gremlin bug that kunos may try to fix, but may not be easy and may take time too :).. its there since 1.12 i think.
when at more than lets say 3 kmh this isn't a issue at all.

Also, I think I hear a noise under the car all the time, the same kind of noise when you leave track. like the car bottomed out but it does not. Hard to hear because of the engine, but its a constant noise.. can it be because of the mesh? or am I mistaken?

alos, on hillclimb, when you restart, the timer does not restart when you come from the pits, it worlks on downhill for me.

And afther the slow left right after the gas station, when you drive along a wall on the right, I managed to fly out of it into the abyss :)

I hope this help, keep up, great job.

it's probably because you change lanes in your drive, try to use only the right lane and you'll see it doesn't happen.
it's becuase of the AI fast lane, they are probably a bit close to each other between the two lanes, it should happen only on the "traffic" layouts

it's probably because you change lanes in your drive, try to use only the right lane and you'll see it doesn't happen.
it's becuase of the AI fast lane, they are probably a bit close to each other between the two lanes, it should happen only on the "traffic" layouts

Ok. Yes I do change lanes a bit , haha. Thanx !

Has anyone else observed that the stationary shaking is virtually non existant when starting in Taraville versus starting on the opposite side of the track in Poveda ?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%