The T500RS Thread

Zzyzx

Warren Williams
Hi folks,
Thought I would take another stab at this game tonight. Downloaded it over a year ago but didn't really get into it. Anyway as there is no thread dedicated to the T500RS I thought I would make one. :cool: Feel free to share your experiences of RRRE with this wheel in here.

Just been fiddling with the FFB and I see the original values in the game were badly suited for it. I couldn't originally feel anything!

So my main point in posting: does anyone know the purpose of each of the FFB settings? It's not exactly clear. They are as follows:

FFB Strength - I assume this is simply the overall strength
FFB Steering Force - ???
FFB Steering Grip Weight - ???
Steering Weight Force - ???
FFB Curb Effects - I assume how much you can feel the curbs
FFB Curb Pull - ???

Also they seem to be using a default rotation of around 560 degrees. Would that be correct? I measured this by using the 'Test Zone' in the control options screen and spinning my wheel around. I believe that's roughly equivalent to most GT cars (although I normally use 540). No matter what I change it to in the profiler it remains the same. I therefore set the degrees of rotation in game to 560. My wheel now matches the one on screen. :geek:

Your thoughts are appreciated,
:D

@Mark Reynolds

So I was playing around with FFB settings this morning because after playing GRID Autosport, R3E felt very strange to me so I came up with some new settings for my Thrustmaster TX, but I'm sure they will apply to T500 users also. Anyone else with a different wheel want to give them a try too?

FFB Effects Full
FFB Strength: 70-75%
FFB Steering Force 0.6
FFB Steering Grip Weight .35
Steering Weight Force .75
FFB Curb Effects 0.25
FFB Curb Pull 0

Mark I wouldn't mind your opinion too if you got time to give these settings a try on your TX.

This is the only helpfull thread i found on the net regarding my major hassle with RR... i bought several tracks and cars and wanted to enjoy the game without feeling im driving a game where the car doesnt turn to where i point it out....also i find amazing that Asseto Corsa and iRacing and LFS deal so well with the fact i always have the steering wheel on 900 degrees and i do not have satisfactory ingame settings to do this in RaceRoom.....

Would love some help on this or do i have to always change the dam degrees of rotation to play this like in codemaster games that dont know that its been a while since wheels only did 360 degrees....

/ rant off

You can add rFactor 2 to your list of games that work fine with 900 degrees of rotation. R3E is playable at 900 degrees depending on your steering lock but I think it feels better to me at 540 degrees.

I agree that they should make it work better with 900 degrees rotation out of the box. Right now I'm lucky enough to have a Fanatec wheel so it takes me mere seconds to swap profile when I'm about to play R3E, but knowing myself and my immense laziness I know that I'd prob not play R3E if it meant I'd have to open the profiler in Windows and adjust my steering rotation every time I swap to and from it.

I agree that they should make it work better with 900 degrees rotation out of the box. Right now I'm lucky enough to have a Fanatec wheel so it takes me mere seconds to swap profile when I'm about to play R3E, but knowing myself and my immense laziness I know that I'd prob not play R3E if it meant I'd have to open the profiler in Windows and adjust my steering rotation every time I swap to and from it.
You don't need to do that with the T500. You can change the rotation in-game with the buttons.

For those who do not know how its done :)

The T500 RS racing wheel and the relevant SDK (Software Development Kit) are issued
to major PlayStation®3 game development studios to ensure full compatibility with
forthcoming releases.
The T500 RS SDK enables PlayStation®3 game development teams to configure and
manage Force Feedback effects.
The SDK includes the ability to adjust the wheel's angle of rotation from 40 to 1080°.
Individual development teams are therefore able to adjust and define wheel rotation
angles according to their own preferences.
The wheel automatically adjusts to choices made by development teams.

However, it is also possible to manually change the angle of rotation selected by default.

To do so, simultaneously press (and release):

• “D-Pad Right” + “MODE button” to increase the angle of rotation by one step
  • “D-Pad Left” + “MODE button” to decrease the angle of rotation by one step

5 possible settings
ANGLE OF
ROTATION
selected
LED status
270° Flashes 1 time
360° Flashes 2 times
540° Flashes 3 times
900° Flashes 4 times
1080° Flashes 5 times
270° Flashes 1 time
Etc… Etc…

Notes:
Changing the angle of rotation manually does not permanently save the change = you must repeat the procedure each time the game restarts.

Well, call me lazy but i think that a AAA game like RR should do whatever the other sims are doing in order for me not bothering changing the rotation of the wheel....

I bought now all the available tracks and at least one car of each category i even have 4 GT3 cars, i see potential here and its a pitty that i still feel disconnected with the road... i am a fan of sim racing games, not a fanboy of any in particular but i have to confess that for example the GT3 cars feel way better both in Asseto and iRacing then in RR... handling wise, i do think that RR has the best sound of all the three ( personal opinion i guess ).

On another note the Engine with my specs i74770@4.2, Asus 770 GTX doesnt allow me to activate the car reflection options and even on simple map in monza alone in the track GPU sometime goes to 90% usage... AC for example with ( again my opinion ) much better looking graphics never ever passes 50% GPU usage...

Have some uploaded videos to youtube just to show to friends and what not and i believe that anyone can see what i mean..
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtp8kEAOI-FAO86i9Z-AdFQ

Anyway steering lock at 40 and degrees at 900 with the rest of the settings from Mark is semi decent, still far from proper feeling like asseto or iRacing.. just lowered FF a bit since i dont like to fight the wheel, i just want it to show me whats happening :)

Tx for the help anyway guyz and ill keep an eye around for RR changes regarding this, god knows it needs.....

Two things, first, R3E is getting a major FFB overhaul which is already in testing. I hear its going to be as good as any sim on the market currently if not better. Secondly, try my settings on the previous page, even though its for a TX wheel, the T500 is very similar. The recent changes to R3E I believe make Mark's old settings obsolete which is why I posted new settings. I beleieve they give you a lot more feel for what the car is doing but keep in mind only so much can be done until we get the new FFB. Do not worry though, the devs are just now starting to put it all together and bring this sim up to speed with best available. They haven't abandoned this game. Very good things coming soon.

Two things, first, R3E is getting a major FFB overhaul which is already in testing. I hear its going to be as good as any sim on the market currently if not better. Secondly, try my settings on the previous page, even though its for a TX wheel, the T500 is very similar. The recent changes to R3E I believe make Mark's old settings obsolete which is why I posted new settings. I beleieve they give you a lot more feel for what the car is doing but keep in mind only so much can be done until we get the new FFB. Do not worry though, the devs are just now starting to put it all together and bring this sim up to speed with best available. They haven't abandoned this game. Very good things coming soon.

Tx m8 will try your settings :)

Just noticed your settings are FFB related, my issue is worst then that is wheel -- Game relationship..FF is something i fine tune afterwards... and for FFB mark settings do feel a bit better for me maybe its the fact i have a t500, thank you anyway :)

Basically my issue is advanced settings.

Just noticed your settings are FFB related, my issue is worst then that is wheel -- Game relationship..FF is something i fine tune afterwards... and for FFB mark settings do feel a bit better for me maybe its the fact i have a t500, thank you anyway :)

Basically my issue is advanced settings.

Well hopefully you'll be happy with the future FFB coming.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 108 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 412 39.9%