The Racer Performance Survey Thread

Hey guys,
In the pursuit of RACER perfection I'm after a bit of your help. I'd like to canvas the community to see what kind of hardware you guys have and what FPS figures you get.

Therefore there's a little survey I need you to fill out...If you run "dxdiag" from the run dialog in windows it should provide you with all the information. Unfortunately I cannot help with other operating systems.

The survey is located here. It's hosted on google so I can easily see the results. If anyone's interested in them, PM me.

There's a question that asks you to run Racer with default settings. For those of you who don't have a backup racer.ini with default settings it's located here: Default racer.ini

Please, if you are involved with any other communities please post this in their forum, I know there are others out there.

Thanks for your time and effort. It's appreciated and will enable more of you to enjoy content to its fullest.

Oops, just realized I forgot to mention my 9500GT is normally overclocked. Core/shader clocks are 27% higher, memory clock is 20% higher than out of the box. Pushed both up to unstable, this is about 10% backed off from there.

I get 35FPS on standard settings at standard clock, about 44FPS the way I run it. I think I entered in the first on the survey.

Just bumping this back up to the top of the board - hoping to get some more figures.
This is great guys :D getting some nice data and seeing some trends emerge.

For those of you interested in the results you can view them here.

With that link you should be able to view - but not change the data. Please, if you CAN change data, DON'T. Also, there seems to be some strange data in there, if you notice a mistake - please let me know. (i.e. I doubt the mac user gets 65000 fps (this may be with a non-cg version of racer(as indicated by the 0.5x version number), or the 9800GT OC gets 545fps)

Thanks again guys - working toward a goal ;)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 320 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 164 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 280 13.5%