The Porsche payware mods - Any opinions on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see any problem to "borrow" models or similar from filthy rich companies like microsoft, EA etc. But doing same to some poor modding groups is total no-no.

That argument just doesn't hold water to me. Stealing from a large company or small group of individuals is the same, its stealing, period.

Just curious...genuinely so, actually, so please don't attack me for asking the question, but I see a lot of "these are ripped", but not a lot of proof for those allegations. How can the average gamer spot a rip? I get that a modeler would know his or her own work, but a non-modeler like me would have a harder time of it. Any ideas?

Me and friend racing on Nordschleife Porsche GT3 rs and standard version too is really great car to drive, model quality great, physics are belivable and fun to drive, would say that this porsche mod is in league of assetto corsa development team..seriously.

My biggest concern with any pay-mod would be that if you purchased content and the game developer broke the mod content as Kunos seems to do quite often for example, its up to the pay-mod developer to update the content to make it work again and what happens if they decide its not worth the effort? Then you're stuck with non working content that you paid for.

If it's graphically high quality then it'll almost certainly have discussion on RD, just need to search for it. 9/10 legit mods are available for download here, or at least have a decent reason why not (eg. URD's pay-mods aren't)

Of course there will be discussion, but having spent many, many years in the flight simulator community, I know that very often, discussion is just that...discussion. I tend to look for proof -- screenshots of flaws or signature elements in a Forza model that also appear in an offering for AC would be what I'd look for. There doesn't seem to be a lot of evidence being put forward.

I'm not trying to stir up trouble, but I'd hate to see anyone have their hard work trashed when they don't deserve it, you know?

I hope you pro legal license guys do realize that Reiza Studios are actually doing a similar thing...

Regardless of the ethics... I have the Cayman GTS. Haven't spent an awful lot of time with it but here are my thoughts:

-the 3d model is very good, but not Kunos quality level (the textures seem to be lacking)

-the engine sound is the weakest link, sounds more like a V8 than flat six

-the driving experience is a mixed bag. The car reacts more or less as you'd expect, but it feels generic. Also it seems like the engine performance is a bit off - there is a huge torque spike above 6000rpm

Just my first thoughts. I'll chime in again after spending some more time with it. Really wish that engine note wouldn't suck so bad though...

I hope you pro legal license guys do realize that Reiza Studios are actually doing a similar thing...

Regardless of the ethics... I have the Cayman GTS. Haven't spent an awful lot of time with it but here are my thoughts:

-the 3d model is very good, but not Kunos quality level (the textures seem to be lacking)

-the engine sound is the weakest link, sounds more like a V8 than flat six

-the driving experience is a mixed bag. The car reacts more or less as you'd expect, but it feels generic. Also it seems like the engine performance is a bit off - there is a huge torque spike above 6000rpm

Just my first thoughts. I'll chime in again after spending some more time with it. Really wish that engine note wouldn't suck so bad though...
Does it hit your fps performance?

I've tested it now and the answer issssssssssssssss........................... yes it does...

While using official content racing against 10 opponents at the Nurburgring GP it'll keep the frame rates above 50fps at all times. Racing against Caymans only (same track/opponents number) the frame rate actually never goes beyond 20fps. So the fps hit is real. Basically making those hot lapping cars (but hey, isn't AC all about hot lapping with the AI as it is? ;-)

My specs are i5 3470(stock), HD7850 1GB, 16GB RAM. I play at 1080p using more or less medium graphic settings to keep the thing smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back