1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

The Porches are insane

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Tim Ling, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim Ling

Tim Ling
    It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work Premium Member

\Just been trying to get some practice for the PCC race next week, and I have noticed 2 things:

1) rFactor is a totally different game from GTRe :doh: Obvious I know, but to me it feels more "sim" and less game.

2) the Porches are mental. Hardly any setup options, except the basic section with the sliders. Unless, of course, I'm missing something. Quite tough to drive, with the backend very skittish under acceleration.

Fun though :thumb:

2. They react well to a small amount of throttle while turning. But they're great fun when you really put a lap together.
    Tyre temps at Imola don't seem to be too bad, but they can easily fly over 100c.

3. Tim Ling

Tim Ling

What program can you use with rF to see the motec info on a 2nd monitor?

4. http://www.sim-tools.de/

Started using it the other day and it works well. But the LCD in the HUD is just as good in rF. Try mapping a button to LCD Mode :)

5. Tim Ling

Tim Ling

Hmm, I tried that earlier, but it didn't work. I'll try again later.

*Okay, it now works. There were 2 problems. First I didn't setup the adaptor by pointing it to the rF.exe, and second I forgot to connect simview to simadaptor. Sigh*

6. Tim, if you have not already, have a go with the Enduracers Carrera Cup mod (a new patch came out a few weeks back). With that one, you need to rev-match on downshifts to stop the rear wheels locking up!

Then go back to GSMF's PCC'07, it will relatively feel a breaze ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.