The Off-Topic Thread

KS95

RACER Moderator
Just to avoid spamming threads, how about an off-topic thread.. basically to ask stuff and talk about stuff that doesn't need it's own thread or isn't very relative.

I'll start lol. Is anyone else having problems downloading from tracciontrasera? I just get redirected to the homepage every time :(

I know what your avatar is from, its from the movie Bullitt (made in 1968) Awesome car chase in it involving a 68 Ford Mustang GT 390. and a 68 Dodge Charger. I think your picture in specific is where Frank (Steve's character) takes a taxi to figure out where the guy that was supposedly killed went when he flew in to San Fransisco.

Yeah i have the movie on dvd so I've watched it more than a few times, awesome movie, go see it if you haven't already.

Yup, you're right! I've watched the movie for the first time about 4 years ago. It is pretty awesome, one of my favs ;)

@LuThoBu- good point....well you know what I mean....:)

I didn't know that the cast had Pontiacs.....to have a GTO convertible in those days.....sweet!
Yet to have a fastback Mustang in that time too woulda rocked.......and it would be "sacrelidge" to have both... :)

Some pics I took a few monthes ago...

8e3d26c2.jpg

fd7bf1c9.jpg

8b278c95.jpg

fbf0f5b0.jpg

This IMO is one of the best looking concept car recently. Alfa Romeo Panteon. The guy from Bertone(styling house resbonsable for the project) said the side panel doors is mimic wings when opening, which is an amazing craft in a single piece of resin. And it's even drivable, powered by the same V8 found on the 8C Competezion.

2e85d5ad.jpg

Do not know where to post this, so I'll put it here. Thing is, I don't really have much time for Racer these days, and I am also loosing interest. The many changes and compatibility issues are becoming tiresome, and the tracks I started a long time ago look like sh*t with the newer versions. At least /I/ think so, and if I don't like it, I won't release it.

Another issue is this thing called "life".. it is there and it has its demands. There is nothing else to do than respond to these demands, and it is quite impossible to do so when my modified Z28 is roaring around Badlands with hacked shaders that are half measures of standards since the standards don't work.

Yeah.. I know. UPGRADE. I have heard it XM times.. and /that/ thread will most likely never die. I did upgrade though. Unintentionally. We upgraded the computers at work, and I received one of the old. It has an ATI GPU. Not bad either. But still not good enough.

Well. It's not "goodbye", and it does not mean I will not release what I promised. It only means that my "heart" is not in it anymore. And the tracks that I am going to optimize, well.. they will be for private use. Simply because I have no time to perfect it to the new Racer standards.

I am very sorry about this.. I have really enjoyed Racer and the Racer community.. but it is not only time-consuming, it is also exhausting to always have to relate to the wishes, needs and demands of the community.. and they are not wrong in this, it is just that I am not a pro.. I am an amateur, and I started to do this for fun. It is not fun anymore, and I have other priorities.

Again, I do not mean to complain or blame anyone, not even the community. But what I mean is that even if a stable 09 arrives, the demands for high quality tracks will not disappear, in fact, it will escalate, and I have no time to spare to create /that/ kind of content.

Hope you all understand and respect this. As a pluss, I have CG'd Badlands revisited, redone the entire Cuda (with lots of help from Splashonda and AMGfan) and made a Z28 mod that I /might/ release if I can find a way to release a mod-only version.

About Gizmos..
I have done alot of work on it, but it is still buggy. There is no way I will release it like that. But.. some day.. for sure. It just takes a h*ll of a lot of time. Anyone who ever made a track will understand that.

Ok, tata for now. See you all at the next release announcement. And thanks for all the fun :)

PS: A great THANKS to Ruud!! I think that what he is doing is nothing less than amazing, but for him it is a job, for me it is just a hobby.. I don't get paid, he does. But Ruud, I am very greatful for all the fun your software has provided me, and will in the future! I will just keep my mods to myself, because of the high demands that I feel I cannot provide for.

That's totally understandable. But perhaps anything you don't want to release for bugs/etc, should be posted as a community WIP. Let us handle it while you take what sounds like a much needed break ;)

Really even I'm a little busy in life right now to deal with Racer it seems like, I have yet to try out 8.17, its installed and ready to go just hard to find the time. My job has slowed down a lot, but over the weekend I was at my grandma's, and I've been helping work on my sister's house. the woodward dream cruise is this weekend and I am going. and I need to do some work on my car, which requires buying parts, which i still need to buy. (problem there seems to be time not money). I need to work on my cars but I keep on being thrown off by something happening beyond my computer (doesn't help that its actually nice out as of lately). My Omni I'm attemptin to model seats for it, and its not going so well. the Mini, I need to get working on its interior. and the Caravan, I'm going to work on that once either the Omni or Mini are released.

I'm sorry to hear, but I understand it. I loose interest in racer too sometimes. Life goes first:)
While it is still holiday, I should should keep working for racer, cause after the holiday I won't have time for it either:(
Good luck, take care and be happy:)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 252 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 169 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 125 7.5%
  • < 5 years