The Off-Topic Thread

KS95

RACER Moderator
Just to avoid spamming threads, how about an off-topic thread.. basically to ask stuff and talk about stuff that doesn't need it's own thread or isn't very relative.

I'll start lol. Is anyone else having problems downloading from tracciontrasera? I just get redirected to the homepage every time :(

Hi, i'm having a very strange (an annoying bug ! )
Look at the pic :

I was running just VLC, after few seconds instead of showing my video it show me firefox etc
The bug is : after few seconds the graphics of my main programmes goes and i see another running one..
another exemple : if i'm in zmod, i click import and it's shows me the file browser, but after few second I "disappear" and i see the content of the view, i've to click on a compenent (exemple "ok") to make it visible again from the file browser.
Any idea?

As you maybe now, Tracciontrasera was down many time due to several incompatibilities with new servers (php-nuke :thumbsdown:), so i'm manually uploading all the content to a Joomla powered site, you can access to all the downloads on the right side "Descargas" link, please tell me if anything don't work, thanks ;)

PS: Also fixing the old links to point the new ones :D

The proof will be in the pudding.

I had high hopes for AC but I'm already wishing I'd not thrown my £30 at it.

Maybe CARS will be different. What will set it apart imo will be modding tools and modding fully integrated from day one, rather than promises that seem increasingly unlikely to appear, ever.

I also really like CARS road courses, if you're gonna have road cars in a game you have to have roads to drive them on :D

Dave

AC might turn out right but I won't judge it too much until it's finally released. So far it just feels like they keep adding more and more content but not fixing the fundamentals.

If modding doesn't make it in I doubt I'll play it at all.

I am fairly frustrated though that we paid to be beta testers and then feedback on important areas is ignored.

Dave

AC might turn out right but I won't judge it too much until it's finally released. So far it just feels like they keep adding more and more content but not fixing the fundamentals.

If modding doesn't make it in I doubt I'll play it at all.

I am fairly frustrated though that we paid to be beta testers and then feedback on important areas is ignored.

Dave

I suppose I can't argue with that :)

Well I got back from my spring break vacation Sunday evening, drove down to Florida with my family, we took my mom's 2005 Grand Caravan, and my sister's 2008 Toyota Yaris, because there was 9 of us. Had a good time down there, and for sure enjoyed the weather there. Also because there was 9 of us, we rented a condo which was really nice actually, only complaint (which is a small one) was the kids in the condo above us I think had lead for feet lol. While down there went to a Tiger's (baseball) game, went to Clearwater (which turned out to be a bad idea because traffic sucked), and of course no trip to Florida is complete without Disney, especially when you have little kids lol.

Of course now I'm back up in the cold state of Michigan, and there is noticeably less snow here, for once in a while I can see the grass, or in the case of my parents front lawn right now, dirt lol. Anyways both cars made it there and back without any issues, and the trip is about 2500 miles round trip. I personally drove the van beyond 105k and 106k miles, as well as covering most of I-75 in Georgia. So here's a shot of the Main Street station in the Magic Kingdom, then I'll post a link for my entire album for those interested.
IMG_20140313_104946_062_zps9f6f4ca1.jpg

http://s3.photobucket.com/user/Harey/library/Spring Break 2014

Hehe, cool.

The Pacejka tyre model is really nice. A shame Pacejka's book is so expensive though hehe!

It'd be interesting to know the exact spec of the car/physics he was driving for the Porsche.

Free Racer or the Racer Pro, a home-brew pacejka set, or a specific measured tyre model to suit the exact car.

My only current problem with pacejka in Free Racer is the reliance upon Mz forces over Fy/scrub radius force generation for the FF.
It's so very hard (near impossible) to make Mz match Fy when making your own pacejka tyres.
OK I see the need for Mz if you are doing exacting experiments/testing, but for game/entertainment use it's probably superfluous to use Mz data.

With Mz and Fy not relating perfectly then cars just feel and handle badly. For any road car with power steering it's then pretty much impossible to make them handle realistically which is a great shame.
It's not the limit of Racer per se, just the extreme difficulty to make Mz values that feel correct alongside the Fy curves we make (maybe we are also missing some steering kinematics influences too)

It'd be much better in Free Racer to have Mz ignored, and use Fy and steering kinematics to generate the aligning forces for the steering... iirc this is what most other game engines do from what I've been reading (ie, AC, rFactor etc)

MF5.2 feels better with tyre set value factor adjustments that keep Mz aligned to Fy when either is adjusted... but also feels a bit buggy right now too.
Dropping Mz as an option to use Fy * scrub axis makes oodles more sense for Free Racer users/entertainment uses where exactly as measured Mz isn't required.

Fingers crossed this is an option we get at some point in the future :D

Dave

So today I was thinking about expanding my desk, so I took measurements, at that a lot of measurements. Figured out about what size would be perfect, and how everything needed to be cut up. Then I went into Zmod opened up the desk file i had previously created and added to it, I admit its not a lot more, but the added desk space and storage space will be useful. Incase you don't know how my desk looks, the piece on the right size of the picture is what I added in.
desk_61914_idea_zps85d48449.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back