Cars The Need For Speed

It's curious how in NFS1 the 512TR and Diablo were the only cars in class A, yet the Viper has the specs to be in class A as well.

http://nfs.wikia.com/wiki/The_Need_for_Speed

Well I guess they've had to split the content somehow to make them competitive with each other, so it makes sense the Viper and Vette are together. I've still have to make some AI runs but the Viper stays a second at least behind the Diablo and 512TR, though a skilled driver can take them depends on the track layout.

Well I guess they've had to split the content somehow to make them competitive with each other, so it makes sense the Viper and Vette are together. I've still have to make some AI runs but the Viper stays a second at least behind the Diablo and 512TR, though a skilled driver can take them depends on the track layout.

True and 512TR has a higher top speed which I didn't realize. I wonder if the Viper is a bit more nimble than the 512 on twistier courses.? I would imagine the Viper has bit less body roll than the 512TR.

I must have misread the Viper specs, I thought it was a bit lighter than the 512TR, when in fact it is 157 lbs heavier and has 28 less hp

Viper has a 100lbs more torque than the 512 which should make it that much more difficult to handle at launch, although the extra torque should assist on cornering in the tighter turns for those skilled enough to manage the power.

I've been racing the 512 and the Diablo at Feldbergring which is a blast !

The Rivijera track might be a decent stand in for the p2p Coastal road from NFS 1, although I think Tajo Hills captures the feeling of Coastal much better and its p2p.

Last edited:
I've still have to make some AI runs but the Viper stays a second at least behind the Diablo and 512TR, though a skilled driver can take them depends on the track layout.

Do this means that the physics for the Viper is already done ?
How is that even possible - fast as a lightning just got a new face. :)

True and 512TR has a higher top speed which I didn't realize. I wonder if the Viper is a bit more nimble than the 512 on twistier courses.? I would imagine the Viper has bit less body roll than the 512TR.

I must have misread the Viper specs, I thought it was a bit lighter than the 512TR, when in fact it is 157 lbs heavier and has 28 less hp

Viper has a 100lbs more torque than the 512 which should make it that much more difficult to handle at launch, although the extra torque should assist on cornering in the tighter turns for those skilled enough to manage the power.

I've been racing the 512 and the Diablo at Feldbergring which is a blast !

The Rivijera track might be a decent stand in for the p2p Coastal road from NFS 1, although I think Tajo Hills captures the feeling of Coastal much better and its p2p.

I've completely forgot about the Rivijera track, will check it out!

Seen the Feldbergring being mentioned a lot lately, is that out already?

Do this means that the physics for the Viper is already done ?
How is that even possible - fast as a lightning just got a new face. :)

All physics were done by Jason already, some of them he even worked on before this project started, so all I need to do is setup the new models, as we use mostly rip mods as placeholders.

Had a bit to mess with the Viper, setup lights so high beams are flashable (or left turned on when the projectors are on), and fog lamps can be turned on or off from the setup along with the hardtop option
Screenshot_a3dr_viper_rt10_ks_highlands_15-3-118-11-14-50.jpg

Early gauges setup, still needs some tweaking (and glass covering them) but got the shift light working along with the rest of the analog gauges
Screenshot_a3dr_viper_rt10_ks_highlands_15-3-118-11-16-43.jpg

Also did the textures for the tires it came from factory, Michelin's XGT-Z
Showroom_a3dr_viper_rt10_15-2-2018-7-55-26.jpg

Hi guys,

Looking at that screenshot of the Viper's gauges it reminded me of this silly issue I still have with the Jota's gauges. When I switch on the lights, those nice white backgrounds turn all pink.
rL28I8z.png

P0nQUft.png

It has always done this, since the very beginning. Already tried with and without PP. Still the same. Does anybody have any idea what this could be? Not a biggy of course but would be nice if I could solve it.

Hi guys,

Looking at that screenshot of the Viper's gauges it reminded me of this silly issue I still have with the Jota's gauges. When I switch on the lights, those nice white backgrounds turn all pink.
rL28I8z.png

P0nQUft.png

It has always done this, since the very beginning. Already tried with and without PP. Still the same. Does anybody have any idea what this could be? Not a biggy of course but would be nice if I could solve it.

Also gauge's light turns on.

On the gauges lighting, I'll try a couple of things with the Viper, if it works out I can carry that to the other cars.
Something AC is not good enough is interior lighting, is hard to fake the real effects.

I remember you posting the original textures in a higher resolution many moons ago in the beginning. Now using those and upscaling them to 2k or 4k (don't remember) took care of the problem. Don't ask me how I got to upscaling them, hehe. I was just trying things out. Turned out to somehow be the solution. Anyway after an update or two that didn't work anymore. Tried all sorts of things. Must be something on my side since I've never seen anybody having this issue.

@A3DR What Pp do you use?

For the shots with the lights on, these:
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/gran-turismo-sport-inspired-ppfilters.19011/

I remember you posting the original textures in a higher resolution many moons ago in the beginning. Now using those and upscaling them to 2k or 4k (don't remember) took care of the problem. Don't ask me how I got to upscaling them, hehe. I was just trying things out. Turned out to somehow be the solution. Anyway after an update or two that didn't work anymore. Tried all sorts of things. Must be something on my side since I've never seen anybody having this issue.

The white lighting up as pink is a false effect, could be improved though that has nothing to do with the gauge texture itself, it's the object that lights up.

Hm, is it the PP filter, or your material settings, but the lights look weird... too bright or something. In broad daylight, when not looking directly into the light, it shouldn't glow that much, no?

The PPF is a bit overdone that's true, but is not far from what it should look like IRL:
best-yellow-fog-lights.png

Daniel,i know you don't like this questions,but is viper ready to rock? And we are still waiting for a c4 for a release of this pack?
I'll try to get all the visuals and functions done asap, though it's waiting on a physics update before release so is not entirely up to me. Shouldn't take long though, a week or two I suppose.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back