1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

The Nürburgring Südschleife

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bram, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

View the Post on the Blog

• Like Like x 2
  2. Love the legendary Sudschleife and the myths surrounding it. There was a pretty decent version for rf1 somewhere but I dream to be able to drive the whole combined circuit in a sim one day.

3. How long are they combined?

And why does someone want to drive in hell?

4. Over 17 miles I think.

The tyres warm up faster in hell......

5. Teemu Toikka

Teemu Toikka
    Not so Flying Finn

Anyone have a link for Südschleife rf1 version? I've been searching for one ages now.

6. Von Butters

Von Butters
    Premium Member

I think i have it, give me a few mins while i rar it and upload it. I dont have rf installed so i cant test it, but it might be the one!

7. parts of the Südschleife are still in use today, once a year, as part of a local rally stage. this info and much more can be found in this amazing book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Autodrome-Lost-Race-Circuits-Europe/dp/1904788319/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350844510&sr=8-1
    the second part of which had been promised for last year but never materialized :(

8. yeah, I´ve been there and did the lap myself. I was lucky enough to talk to a local old man who used to race there and explained to me how the road went. The bottom part is what is missing and the uphill section goes paralel to the new road. It was fun trying to find the actual layout and nice to be able to recognize the old track :thumbsup:

Also got a very nice book on it, "the other green hell" which explains lots of details and the one the author of the Sudschleife for rfactor used to make the track.
    We are only missing the complete track (sud+nords) version

• Like Like x 1
  9. my lap at the sudschleife :)
    http://youtu.be/Q4-7GMpUu-U

• Like Like x 2
  10. Nice video!!! :)

11. thanks :)

12. You can race it on R07 with the GTR Evolution pack. The Raceroom add on will give you a modern F1 car Model. You can also use the F3000 witch feels like a retro F1 from the early 90's when you ran monster rear tires.