The "let's get Ross to spend all his money" Thread

Moin Moin,

Wollte mich mal umhören ob wer von euch ein T300Rs Besitzt und mir seine Einstellungen in RaceRoom geben könnte? würde gerne welche haben um mir das Handling in rennen zu vereinfachen

Mfg

Mod Edit: RaceDepartment is an English speaking website. When posting on public message boards, please use only the English language.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a quick word, in case anybody else is thinking about the Playseat Challenge as a possible purchase.

It's a really great piece of kit for the money! It's far sturdier than it looks in the photos, and once you have it set up and are sitting in it, it doesn't move or shake while you're driving. Even strong FFB doesn't cause any wheel wobble. Some strong vibrations (eg, curbs) get transmitted into the chair, but in a way that increases immersion because it feels like the whole car is vibrating! Once you have it adjusted properly it's very comfortable and I think I could probably drive for some hours without issue.

Two things aren't mentioned in the blurb. First, the bar on which the wheel attaches unlatches and hinges up and to the left, making it easy to get in and out of the chair. Second, it comes with four M6 screws which are what most wheels require to bolt onto something, so you won't need to go and buy any.

My only slight gripe is that they want £25 extra for an h-box mount, which the photos clearly reveal is nothing more than a straight metal bar!! That's just silly, so I'd advise getting creative and coming up with your own home-made solution. I have an idea already and will post back once it's done.

And no, I have not been bribed in order to post this review. :D

You need a Buttkicker to mount under your seat....one of the best immersion enhancing add on ive bought...minus vr.
Brings everything to life and cant race without it :)
I bought the GTR racing seat off ebay for $350 cdn a few yrs back...extremely sturdy and well built....doesnt have the greatest adjustability but for a low end rig it does the job.
http://gtrsim.com/store/product/4-gta-racing-simulator
I think we should spend his money on a Motion Rig Next :whistling::whistling::whistling::ninja::D.

I was actually thinking about some kind of racing footwear. Always thought it was amusing when people said they had racing boots for sim racing, but I finally see the point. "Laying" in a racing seat means socks are useless because the angle has your feet just slipping straight off the pedals if you have a brake mod. Bare feet provides grip, but is sod all good if it's particularly cold or in extra long races. And trainers are too thick so you get no feel from the pedals at all. :O_o:

I already have excellent gloves for when it's a bit cooler! I use them for work, but they're ultra-thin (for dextarity), fingerless on index and middle fingers (great for feeling buttons in VR), and have a palm and fingers which are rubberised! (meant for anti-cut purposes but doubles up as extra grip) :D

I was actually thinking about some kind of racing footwear. Always thought it was amusing when people said they had racing boots for sim racing, but I finally see the point. "Laying" in a racing seat means socks are useless because the angle has your feet just slipping straight off the pedals if you have a brake mod. Bare feet provides grip, but is sod all good if it's particularly cold or in extra long races. And trainers are too thick so you get no feel from the pedals at all. :O_o:

Just go to a local Puma store and see if they have any AMG/Ferrari/BMW racing shoes on the discount rack....I pick these up a while back for $30......the outlet stores usually have a buy 1 get 1/2 off....good if you have kids or wife :)
https://gyazo.com/3128a920bb7b1259839a9f05647b7e61

Didn't I mention this to you earlier? ;)
Quite possibly. I've definitely looked at it before fairly recently, but wasn't seriously in the market at the time as a new wheel seemed better to get first.

I foresee for you a long and single life now ;)
Haha... I've been single for some time now, and I can honestly say that I haven't been this happy and stress free for a very long time! ;)

I had a wife for ten years. I drove at my desk using a DFGT. I'm currently single. I now drive naked in a racing seat in VR with a T300.
Enough said. :D

You must feel so liberated now Ross.;) Think I'll ditch my ball and chain of 34 years and get me some VR and a new motion rig. Got me some planning to do. Live life to the full I say. :thumbsup::D

My home-made h-box mount. It's not that pretty, but it does the job perfectly. Also, unlike the official Playseat mount which puts the h-box right up alongside the wheel, this one puts it in a much more realistic and comfortable area next to my thigh. All that's required are two munsen rings, two 10mm bolts, and a piece of wood. Total cost £8, and that's only because I went for the deluxe edition rubber lined munsen rings instead of the basic unlined ones. That's a tad cheaper than the eye-watering £25 which Playseat charge for a square metal bar! :thumbsup:

1.jpg

2.jpg

My home-made h-box mount. It's not that pretty, but it does the job perfectly. Also, unlike the official Playseat mount which puts the h-box right up alongside the wheel, this one puts it in a much more realistic and comfortable area next to my thigh. All that's required are two munsen rings, two 10mm bolts, and a piece of wood. Total cost £8, and that's only because I went for the deluxe edition rubber lined munsen rings instead of the basic unlined ones. That's a tad cheaper than the eye-watering £25 which Playseat charge for a square metal bar! :thumbsup:

View attachment 208174
View attachment 208175
Very nice but why did you place the shifter on the wrong side???

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 263 13.6%