• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

The League Going Forward - Your Views Please

Discussion in 'XB1 | F1 2017 Championship' started by Peter Hooper, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,300
    Ok everyone, as we are fast approaching the end of this season’s F1 racing we need to start looking ahead to what’s next and start getting things prepared. What we would like to do going forward is to again run concurrently with the real F1 schedule for 2018, starting at the end of March (25th) with a full schedule of races running at the full distance. Hopefully that is something everyone will be happy to go along with but if you have any concerns or views on that please let us know so we can take everything into account.

Now of course that is still over 5 months away so in the meantime we need to look at something to fill the gap. As F1 2017 is still pretty new I assume everyone is still be happy to run the game for a shorter fill-in series starting in December and running through to around mid-February before taking a month’s break (or longer if that’s what people feel is better) prior to the start of the full 2018 schedule.

Don’t forget that we also have the classic cars that could be utilised for a fill-in series if you have had enough of the modern formula for now. Let us know how you feel about the classics as an alternative to the modern formula.

The initial thoughts are that we fit in a shorter series of maybe 8 races with the tracks chosen by a poll so everyone can have some input into where we run. My view is that we have probably 12 weeks to work with after the current season finishes (November 26th) and that we take a break over Christmas so no races on the 24th or 31st December and aim to finish around the 25th February giving everyone a month off to recharge the F1 batteries before we move onto Melbourne and the new 100% distance season at the end of March. However, if you feel a longer break is needed after we finish our current season please make sure to let us know.

So please post your thoughts on this here to give us an idea of what you all would like to see once the current season finishes and whether the 100% distance schedule planned for 2018 is what you want to see.

@Karl Fuss @Rob @mcnasty1 @Gareth Jones @Mitch Gosling @Matthew Booth @Craig Renard @Trevor Montgomery @bigwill369 @unaufadox @Neale Horne @mikeyboy @Owen B @II JAKE B 14 @Mathieu Bouquet

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  2. Gareth Jones

Gareth Jones

Ratings:
    +692
    I'm not sure 100% distance for every race is the right way to go. As you found out in Suzuka it can get pretty lonesome. Personally I wouldn't want to do Singapore, Russia, Monza or Monaco 100% to name a few, although I'd probably crash early on at Singapore and Monaco anyway lol.

I like the suggestion of a short PLR league/series with the classic cars in the break, perhaps where each driver could either nominate a track or we all vote from a selection to decide the next race. At this point I'm not sure whether I'd commit to another full season whether it be all 100% or a mix of distances, it's not been the most enjoyable tbh.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Neale Horne

Neale Horne

Ratings:
    +83
    To be honest as long there is a race on sundays and it’s to do with F1 then I’m in . Like the Classic way or modern way. 100% every week, don’t think my body could cope with that but now and again yes up for that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. bigwill369

bigwill369

Ratings:
    +139
    Pretty much spot on peter & agree with all idea's & schedules, my only concern is the 100% distances around certain tracks - singabore & monaco spring to mind & russia isn't exactly one of my favorites either. The field does tend to get more stretched with the longer distances & it can be a drag if you are on your own for 50 laps. Maybe do a poll where we can cast 3 or 4 votes on the tracks we least want to do 100% distance?
    Classic cars would be awesome, use the alternative short tracks for some good close action & chuck germany in there too as we will not race there on the f1 schedule, but as neale said as long we are racing sunday nights im happy! :):):)

• Like Like x 4
  5. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,300
    The 2018 schedule would follow the regular season so races would not be every week except for a few back to back races. I don't think the fill-in series would be at 100% distance but that has yet to be decided tbh

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. Karl Fuss

Karl Fuss
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4,549
    I'm up for either classics or modern F1 cars for the filler season.

Also, there is a triple header next year in F1. The French GP, then the Red Bull Ring, then Silverstone. On top of that, after a week off there is another back-to-back with Germany and Hungary. 5 races in 6 weeks. for all of those to be 100% would be killer, especially in the middle of summer.

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  7. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,300
    I'm happy for whatever is decided for the 2018 season and we have plenty of time to tinker with that. I definitely would like to see more than the handful at 100% that we have had this season but agree that with the heavier schedule it would make it around that time.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Gareth Jones

Gareth Jones

Ratings:
    +692
    I don't know what anyone else thinks of this but perhaps have the whole of December off from racing? I'd imagine we'll be caught up with Christmas preparations and whatnot, maybe start a short classics series the beginning of January to end of February. What do you all think?

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium

Ratings:
    +3,067
    Great ideas all. Looks like classic cars and plenty of breaks, with assetto filling gaps, is the way to go. That would be my vote. I'll post a car/track poll later.
    Any dlc issues with the classics?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mitch Gosling

Mitch Gosling

Ratings:
    +2,225
    I'm easy. I probably won't do the off season league, just because I don't want to burn myself out and only a month break isn't enough for me and I have no interest in Asseto or anything other racing game.

The actual league though, I don't want it mixed distance, don't pick and chose it's either 50% or 100%. Personally 100% is the only way I'd ideally want it, 50% isn't long enough and just isn't as fun.
    I get that people are worried about it being too long but that's everyone at first :rolleyes: The majority of my time here has done the races at full so I'd rather carry that on.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. II JAKE B 14

II JAKE B 14

Ratings:
    +46
    Love the idea of a classic filler series. Makes a change from the modern cars. Could either do a championship with the classic cars or like one off “open” events? Where we could mix up the era of cars etc.

In regards to the 2018 season. I’m up for the 100% races but do agree that at certain tracks all of us may bin it (Monaco springs to mind haha)

• Like Like x 5
  12. mikeyboy

mikeyboy

Ratings:
    +46
    Classic, modern great ideas , Assetto Corsa to fill some gaps ? Not sure about that one, not that keen, F1 every sunday for me , try a tee 100% races before new season starts, have a whole season of 100% I think would be a killer maybecstarting a little earlier in the evening might help but still thinks it could be boring out there unless we get full grids to close the gaps a bit.. Anyway, I’m in for most of what people want.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Mitch Gosling

Mitch Gosling

Ratings:
    +2,225
    We have the numbers for 100% grid. People just need to keep a connection or not crash into walls or me :barefoot:

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Matthew Booth

Matthew Booth

Ratings:
    +2,680
    We don't have the numbers then :whistling:

• Haha Haha x 2
  15. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium

Ratings:
    +3,067
    I'm with you Mitch. We really need a break this winter (to play other games that aren't F1) but if Peter and Karl are dead set on not taking a breather, then I'd vote for classics. We all get the same car because the BoP sucks. Also, we need to run on "classic" tracks, since the Codies took a pass and failed to include tracks (Brands, Jerez, Imola, etc.) that they already have mapped, since they were in F1 2013. Tracks that are fake, man made, and new get the boot.

16. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,300
    If people want a breather that's fine by me :thumbsup: This discussion was put here for everyone to give their views on it before making an informed decision. So far on the small numbers that have contributed continuing seems to be what is wanted but there are plenty to yet give their responses.

Classics would be fine by me.... it's a shame those old tracks were not included again. I just wonder whether there is any chance of them coming in a dlc, I doubt it but it would be good if they did.

• Like Like x 2
  17. unaufadox

unaufadox

Ratings:
    +165
    Hey guys

I like the idea of 100% races. I've not read all of the posts above yet but saw that it being a bit lonely sometimes was a reason against. I agree, but, I'd still like 100% :D I like that it BURNS the track into memory and you can learn new lines and just have a better understanding of the track after so many laps. I also like that there is more time to play with strategy or more time to catch someone.

Being new I didn't know about the season in the middle while the real one breaks. I'm up for that. I'm up for classic cars as well I rarely use them.

I'm still enjoying 2017 more than 2016. Still getting used to it and the tracks etc. Still a great game. I heard that there is a 1.8 upgrade in the works which will address online bugs amongst other things. Things can only get better :cool:

I was thinking about racing with a wheel during the break, to get ready for the new season. I didn't know about the season you guys run but that'd be great to race competitively with fair racers. I'm looking forward to racing from the start to really take part in the league/points.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  18. unaufadox

unaufadox

Ratings:
    +165
    Looking at it written the back to back races would be a test for us as...front room racers :D another dimension to the competition. I've felt that this season, having to learn tracks and create setups within a week. My Suzuka performance showed how well I coped with it but, if that was a season I was fighting for position that would have been a weakness someone could have exploited. As it stands now my schedule is pretty favourable to this league. I know it's not the same for all :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  19. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +8,300
    Good to see your input Wes and definitely testing yourself with a wheel would be a good to do in a competitive but more relaxed environment that this fill-in series would be.

This is all just at the discussion level at the moment and with 6 weeks until the current season finishes there's plenty of time to hear what everyone has to say.

A break of 4 months with nothing in between is never a good idea in terms of continuity and having just got this place to a pretty strong level again now it's good to try to keep things ticking over in some way during that period :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. unaufadox

unaufadox

Ratings:
    +165
    :D
    Agrees. There is something about the 100% races that is....more :D not just time and distance but just requires more. Being quick is one thing but are you quick over 50 laps? Am I? No hahaha not yet but I want to be :D

• Love Love x 1