GT5 The GT5 Prologue Hot Lap Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
gt5phlc.jpg
The GT5 Prologue Hot Lap Challenge

Gentlemen start your engines! The format is simple, each week a car and track will be chosen to run hot laps. Starting Saturday 12pm GMT and finishing the following Saturday 12pm GMT you will be invited to submit your lap times for that challenge. Once the challenge deadline is met the slowest placed driver gets to pick the car and track for the following week (this is usually me!)​

Taking part is simple, fire up GT5 Prologue and select the car for the challenge, click on 'Arcade' in the menu then choose the track and then select 'Time Trial' from the menu and then select the settings shown below:​

Transmission - Manual
Active Steering - Off
Driving Physics - Professional
Active Stability Management (ASM) - Off
Traction Control - Off
Driving Line - Off
Front Tyres - Sports S2
Rear Tyres - Sports S2​

Once you've selected that you can then start hot lapping, look at the online leaderboards or load a ghost lap. There are no tuning options so everyone runs the same setup.​

To make it fair and competitive please don't cut the track or abuse the run off area's to gain an advantage, at least half the car should be on the track at all times and on street tracks don't use the barriers to give you an unfair advantage, the idea of the hot lap challenges is to run clean laps in the fastest time possible.​

Good luck and above all have fun!​

Its been a busy week in work for me so I've not had a lot of time to put some laps in but I put a few in tonight and so far my best is a 0'57.836 but thats still just over 2 seconds off the world best so plenty to improve upon though I'm sure that lap time is using a lot of kerb which I'm not as per the rules of the challenge.

H

holmglen03

• holmglen03

Seeing as we have had some pretty unforgiving tracks so far, I have decided that this week's challenge will see Ford GT '06's (valued at 149,880 credits) come to the two and a half mile, three-turn Daytona International Speedway. No contact with the wall will be allowed, as there are no excuses for hitting the wall on this track. Also, no going on the grass to cut the track.

I wish everyone the very best of luck.

H

holmglen03

• holmglen03

Woohoo, over half a second off my best time for me, now at 51.239 (perfectly clean, by the way).

Now I'm struggling though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.6%