The Green Hell Fun Run 6th July

Grats Vince, Jim and Nicolas!
Thanks guys for a fantastic evening on Nordschleife. Too bad you didn't have time to run the race Nicolai.
I was longing to drive here with "the Presto bunch" The track is so demanding, a tiny lack of focus and you go off in 200km/h. I was very exhausted after the ten laps(almost ten):).
First part I spent behind Anthony and Peter. Bad luck you had to quit so early. I hope there will be a next time and that we can continue the fight we had going on. I thought it would be a lot of lonely laps in Green Hell but I was very wrong. Jim gave me a fight. Vince chased me. Gaetano, Nicolas and Cristian gave me a match. In the end(the big jump:) I run out of fuel and dropped down in the table. It had felt bad if it had been a league race, but in this case, I'm glad for all the fun clean action you all gave me in the race.

Frist of all big congrats to Vince, Jim and Nicolas and of course to everyone, who finished at this special track! Well done! :wink:

I had some different problems, which in sum made the event a disappointment for me. :frown:

At first I had a misunderstanding with the time the 85 minutes practice (qualy) should start.

Grid order will be set during the entire practice period starting at 4am , err.... 8pm BST...

I thought that 8pm was the same time, when the league races qualifying starts. For me in germany it always was 9pm though. So I entered the server at 9:10pm, thinking I'd still have 75 minutes to qualify. I was shocked to see that there were only 15 minutes left. :confused: (what did I get wrong?)

Ok, would still mean I could do 1 timed lap (like super pole :tongue:), which would have been challenging BUT the next problem appeared. I could only see some single fragments of my car! :mad: The driver sitting in the air and some parts of the suspension. From some other cars I also could only see some parts ot only the shadow on the road. I remembered having the same problems in the league event at the GP track of the Nürburgring :frown: (nowhere else so far!) In the league event the problems luckily disappeared in warmup after some Alt+Tab. So I tryed some things like Alt+Tab and rejoining and lowering graphics settings... Nothing helped and time went on. I just hoped to see my car when the race starts.

At the start nearly all parts of my car and the other cars were visible now (strange!), only transparaent mirrors. So I decided to start as safe as possible and relax behind the field until the field would have streched a bit and I'd feel comfortable with the car and the track.

At the back of the grid the field was very slow in many places and when we reached the two right handers at the Flugplatz (after the jump) there were two cars extremly slow there. I decided to slip through at the left side but the car further in front made a little move to this side so we had little contact, when I passed. I don't remember who it was. I'm really, really sorry if I harmed you. :frown: I got a small suspension damage, which wasn't really noticeable.

Later I had the littel impact on Peters car, standing across the track after an incident with another car there. I chose the wrong side to pass the trouble and couldn't avoid contact even though I braked 100 %. Don't worry Peter, I didn't get any damage and I could have avoided it by choosing the right side to pass the scene. Simple racing accident. :wink:

Starting lap two I had reached a bunch of cars in front of me. It's tricky to attack without risking much and leaving enough safety margins. I followed the cars untill the "jump" at the Flugplatz. I used Jims slipstream and drove next to him on his right side. It was much to optimistic to drive side by side over the crest. Some meters before the crest I decided to cancel this move and to break to let Jim enter first into the two right handers. But even under braking the car's nose went up into the air. When the front wheels got contact to the road again it was too late. I ran off the track and smashed hard into the barriers. Car completely destroyed - race over. :frown: Luckily I braked early enough, so I didn't torpedo Jim but left the track close behind him. So no problem Jim, Absolutely my silly mistake. Anthony seemed also to be chrashed out there, because immediately his car appeared next to me after the impact. I didn't notice anything but I hope I didn't take you out?!

Finally I like to thank Peter for hosting this fine event. I hope we'll have some more of this sort into the summer brake. Maybe with more common tracks then? :)

hi all big sorry nicolai rouge !! grats peter for this nice event !! grats vince jim and nicolai^^!!in morning i try my set q new pb for me 5 02 7 xxset very very fast precius and sure driving wing 1 15 and more more grip !! so i try it too in race 65ltr and medie tyres 5 11xxxtime race lap,so i think ready for the race !!im sure what can try battle for the pole withaut any problem !! inside the event in q i make 5 08xxx and feel very very strange my set up so ithink need wait what the track take grip start in the ultimate 15 minut but feel same problem my set up not work how i remember start 4 in race but seee my position 6 ??? im nervus later the push on nicolai what maeby destroy race from friend still srymy sosp too crash but can continued, lose again my car and still ather sosp and see rear valter !! in same corner where push nicolai first ,i know what valter is close with me and i see rear for controll him !but not many actenction and lose my car definitely front wing aut so decide what the race is compromise retired for not distrurb ather racers!!hope can have anather possibility in the future !!

sry my englesh !!

horus3000!!

Don't worry about your english, mate! :)

I still can understand what you mean and the most important thing is, it doesn't hinder you from racing with us and writing your reports. :)

At first I had a misunderstanding with the time the 85 minutes practice (qualy) should start.

I thought that 8pm was the same time, when the league races qualifying starts. For me in germany it always was 9pm though. So I entered the server at 9:10pm, thinking I'd still have 75 minutes to qualify. I was shocked to see that there were only 15 minutes left. :confused: (what did I get wrong?)

Instead of 60 minutes practice starting 7pm (uk-time) and 25 minutes qual starting 8pm it was simply a 85 minutes practice that started 7pm and was scheduled to end when qualify normally ends.

Nico, you should have given us a shout on steam, we could have voted thru and picked you up

Jim:frown:

I considered this Jim, and probably would have if I had been more prepared. But with my small preperations I did not want to chance upsetting the qualify order etc.

Lets have another race at Nords:D maybe in two weeks

But in another car class, something a bit slower and easier on the arms/brain, GT's, WTC or Radicals? Now a lot of us have more knowledge of the track it could be good fun

Maybe also 2 x 5 lap races?

What you say guys

Jim

Instead of 60 minutes practice starting 7pm (uk-time) and 25 minutes qual starting 8pm it was simply a 85 minutes practice that started 7pm and was scheduled to end when qualify normally ends.

Yeah, afterwards I realise this, too. :) But just to be sure for the future, I'd like to know what I understood wrong. From Peters announcment it read like the 85 mins start at 8pm BST (= uk-time?). I found it would make sence, because the event would be a bit later in the morning for the Aussies. :)

its a good idea make anather race on nordshleife with ather car!! i think the car advisable is a radical not so fast not so slow with an predefinite set up very very good ,easy for all too for as than drive the top class formula!!!but if want slow car formulabmw i think not is a bad idea!! i propose but im agree with anyone decide!!:)

How about a Swedish car like the Koenigsegg?(J)

Caterham is a fun alternative. Lets say the one with least horses.
Drifting close to each other through the woodlands.

I would love to go in a street car, like Mini, Koenigsegg, Aston Martin, or perhaps the cool ingame 1979 BMW? But as Gaetano sais, I'll go with anything you decide :)

I also like the 2xrace format that Jim mentioned, but again, no big deal, I'll go with the majority.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back