The Green Hell Fun Run 6th July

I'm looking forward to the race; I had a brief run and chase with Valter over the weekend and had a blast. However, I think I may well be the slowest; my fault for not practising enough but it is a fun run after all.

Thank you Reik for your setup and Nicolas for the race tuning. They work well for me....

I'll try to join the server on time and vote the session through on the hour to get the event timing right. If I am not there, due to some technical issue, whoever is please vote/ cycle the session through for us all on the hour.:)

I have only done two laps or so on Nordschleife, but if I get some time I'll join later tonight, just to make sure Peter will not be last in the race :) I will make it my mission to get through 10 (or 9) laps without crashing :)

LoL, your only two laps with the F1 at the Hell or your only two laps at all? :)

But I'm afraid you'll manage to finish, being as safe as possible whilest I'll crash out, trying to be fast. :) Maybe you can jump on the podium this way. :)

There's a good turn out for the race. :)

Something went terribly wrong with the qualifying order. I did not expect that and apologies...

My race ended early so was I duely punished for starting higher than my talent level.

Thank you for the run! Epic race track.

Edit: After 3 laps , race order is currently Cristian, Valter, Vincenzo with Jim close behind. :)

Edit2: An Epic race to watch:) So much close action between Cristian, Valter, Vincenzo, Jim for many laps! Great passes....
Congrats To Vincenzo and all who finished [and Valter - awesome:)and so close]

Nice 1st stint for me no mistake or errors and managed 6th place after pit behind me Nicolas that overtook me at double of my speed use wings Nicolas? you fly:) Back now there is Kurt look my mirrors for 1/2sec. and lost car damage suspensions and lost another position go again in pit for repair now Kurt is front me at 11sec push for catch him and lost again car again damage suspension but this time not so hard so try finish race in this condition.

Congratulations Vincenzo Jim Nicolas

Thanks Peter for event:)

Edit:
I was forgetting in 1st stint nice battle with Bob until your spin and Kurt, is always a shot to the heart passed someone in this track:wink:

My Incident on lap one.
Firstly apologies to Reik; you had nowhere else to go and the situation quickly became a compete debacle. After I was tapped off, I attempted to regain the track slowly, carefully and using the track map and mirrors [honestly :)]. What I had not allowed for was Anthony waiting for me and effectively blocking the other half of the track when you and field came around.

I did attempt to get back off the race track but it was too late and I was facing the whole field so I panicked, pressed the ESC key whilst driving backwards off the track. Sorry all. I must learn from this...

Blimey that was hard going

Good race tho, I'm a bit unsure what happened to Reik, he was behind me as we approuched "Flugplatz" on lap two, I had got some unexpected BIG AIR there on the first lap so I lifted a little as I was uncertain, Reik was very close and I saw him go off, I hope I didn't contribute to ruining his race:confused:

After that I battled with David for a while and then Valter and Vinny. Valter saved my race when he typed "FUEL" into the chat, I was just coming onto the home straight for the last time and hadn't given fuel a second thought, I looked to discover I had under 2ltrs left so I coasted the last half of the straight and saved just enough to get over the line:cool:

Thanks Valter, you were really unlucky m8, you had driven well and deserved second spot:good:

Some people said I had a strange stratagy? I dunno, I just fueled up and went racing for 10 laps, din't fancy fannying aboout with pitstops
:letsgoracing:

Grats to Vinny, he was just too quick for us all

Jim

Q & R : 3rd
I did only one lap with a "qual" setup, that is my race setup with 30l and SS tires, and I was astonished to see that gave me the 3rd place.
I started the race with a nearly full tank (140L) and soft tires. Had a bad start, but kept my place after T1. Gaetano hit me at the beginning of 2nd sector, sending me in the grass and causing the loss of my front wing, with suspension damage :mad:. I managed to take the car to the pit as best as I could, repaired, exited at the 10th place and began to push as hard as I could. I passed Bob in lap 2, and made a big mistake after the little carousel in lap 4, that cost me front wing and suspension damage. I pitted to repair and get some fresh rubbers (softs), hoping they'll last for 6 laps. I passed Kurt in the long straight at the end of lap 5 (365 kph with the slipstream :cool:) but made a mistake in T1 shortly after and spun :frown:. After a quick recovery, I passed Kurt again, and then Valerio, all this in lap 6. I kept pushing like hell, saw no one in lap 7, but began to see David in lap 8. Unfortunately for him, he crashed under my eyes so I lost no time behind him.
I was 5th at the beginning of the final lap, and never could hope for a better place unless there was some DNF, and that happened : Cristian and Valter had some bad luck in the final lap, and that gave me the 3rd place. I'm so happy to have finished this race :)

Thanks Peter for organizing this event and making my dream come true. Congratulation to all the pilots who had the courage to spend some time in Hell :wink:

Nicolas that overtook me at double of my speed use wings Nicolas? you fly:)
If I'm on the right racing line, I don't lift off there, and that happened right under your eyes.:)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 377 39.5%