The Green Hell Fun Run 6th July

I drove my so far best lap in an offline qualy session (1 opponent only), because of the good grip compared to a free practice. And I give in, that I drove backwards in the pits to start a flying lap immediately using super softs and fuel for 1 lap. I wouldn't do that on any other track, but driving such a long out lap would kill the fun in driving a quick lap. I hope you guys undrstand that.

For the event the Admin should make a call if this behavior is allowed in practice or not. I'll have no problem, if it's forbidden it just should be decided before.

I also drive through the pit entrance. The track is so long that hopefully it's not an issue. If you're not sure if someone is coming you can use the race monitor and look at where everyone is before you head out on the track.

No that's not on and I am not sorry about it. J :)

Do a full out lap and then set a time please. Fuel up for several laps if you wish. It is not Time Attack. The practice session is 85 mins long [where we set a time] and I can guarantee dry conditions. :)

No that's not on and I am not sorry about it. J :)

Do a full out lap and then set a time please. Fuel up for several laps if you wish. It is not Time Attack. The practice session is 85 mins long [where we set a time] and I can guarantee dry conditions. :)

Absolutely fine with it! :cool: It's a solid statement and increases the challenge to drive a good lap.

Even though I hope it's ok, to skip the out lap this way when doing some hot lapping prior the event. It's just because I'm curious what's possible in one lap with best conditions. And if everyone else does it, we get compareable lap times. I also think that you learn the tricky sections best, if you do hot lapping first, because you are pushing to the limits everywhere. Later on I do long run tests to adjust the driving style to a safer level.

hi all guys
i love nordshleife
i have many pratice with f3000 ,there 5 58xxx i hope use this car :)))) but f1 its ok for me !!best lap 5 03.3xx i think still not is perfect lap ,the track is long 20km is possible lose time wherever!! i use my set from monza!!! my wing 1 15 good for q , still need try set race !!
when start this race fun ???:letsgoracing:

Knowing the track well maybe the reason why I am qick after some laps. I've driven the hell very, very often with many games and mods, so I could fully concentrate on the car and suggest the tricky sections quickly. I'm sure you'll shave of many seconds when you have a better feeling for the track.

suggesting the tricky sections with the right gear is definitelythe key for a fast lap time, after another 6 laps I did one clean lap with5:13, it is 11 sec faster than my previous time, but getting down to 5:3 is abit of an impossible mission in a very short
time..:)

...but you still have two weeks time to practice and I'm going into holidays at the 23rd of june, so I'm sure you'll find second by second.

There's one golden rule for the Nordschleife: Drive as much laps as you can!!! It's the only way to get consistant there. And finally consitancy will be much more important at this track. I maybe fast allready but making it around the Ring for many laps without crashing, will also be a huge challenge for me.

Even though I hope it's ok, to skip the out lap this way when doing some hot lapping prior the event. It's just because I'm curious what's possible in one lap with best conditions. And if everyone else does it, we get compareable lap times.

Everyone? Do they? I am not worried by what anyone does for their own preparation. I'll stick to the long way round though. :)

Back in PrestoGP's F3000 days I would prepare for races offline using Time Attack and a 100L of fuel which would quickly maximize my race pace and suspension tuning. I miss that feature with the MAK F1.

i have many pratice with f3000 ,there 5 58xxx i hope use this car :))))

We'll stick to the F1 2007 for this event. I do have fond memories of the F3000 for which I personally perceive to be an excellent competition vehicle.

suggesting the tricky sections with the right gear is definitelythe key for a fast lap time, after another 6 laps I did one clean lap with5:13, it is 11 sec faster than my previous time, but getting down to 5:3 is abit of an impossible mission in a very short
time..:)

Worry not Anthony; I am in no doubt that I will be the slowest driver. My plan is to finish the race and thus defeat those who defeated themselves. :)

Everyone? Do they? I am not worried by what anyone does for their own preparation. I'll stick to the long way round though. :)

Back in PrestoGP's F3000 days I would prepare for races offline using Time Attack and a 100L of fuel which would quickly maximize my race pace and suspension tuning. I miss that feature with the MAK F1.

Of course not everyone! (And I feel a little bit ashamed now :redface:) I just thought talking about it the open way makes things easier. So everyone knows why I made a fast lap and knows what to do, to compare himself in the same conditions.

btw, I added my latest setup. It's much more forgiving and faster than the first one (below 5 mins)! I forgot that the first posted setup came from Istanbul and had some asymetric values, which don't make sence here. The new one's base is China and Barcelona. You should be able to go flat out over the crest in sector one before the two quick right handers...

The replay file is linked below. Have fun! :wink:

http://www.racedepartment.com/downl...1911-f6023ab6e999db864cd09727854817102d63157d

Attachments

• Reik-Nord-F1 c.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 324
Thx Reik for the setup update, I will give it a try.. but going below 5 min :confused::confused: are you going for a 1 year holiday ?:D
I noticed the asymmetric values of your first setup the first time when I opened it and adjusted it to -4.5 cambers, 100 on rear springs and 1.2 for the packers if I remember correctly...

I understand what you were trying to say here Reik , I have tried it myself “ skipping the out lap” out of curiosity and the result is that I had a slower first sector “ cold tires “ and faster 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] and 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] sector while with the out lap I had faster first sector “ hot tires “ but slower 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] and 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] sector “ worn tires “ ...

The track feels very long when going flat out doing a hot lap and I know it feels much easier without the out lap but still I have to add my voice to Peter’s and follow the rules, out lap first followed by a hot lap, yes sir :):)..

I think I should use this occation to say that in general (practicing online for league races) it is never OK to skip the outlap. A few did this on occations (not Reik), and that gives them an advantage (on the p.b. spread sheet) above those who always does the outlap.

Of course I understand that with Nordschleife it can be a different story as it is so long, but as a rule of thumb, if the times are recorded to Prestogp.com, then one should always do the outlap. What one does offline is ofcourse out of our jurisdiction :)

But I am only speaking in general terms, in this race, as everybody knows, Peter is the boss :)

Of course this is the right way! Sorry for sounding like I want to make the rules. :) Wasn't my intention. I'm just a fan of hot lapping, because it's pushing to the limits all time but having a 5:30 out lap would kill the fun. An other problem is, that I often only have 30 to 45 mins for short practice. But you wise guys are right. :)

From tomorrow morning I'm away, so no improvement on my PB is planned. :) Don't worry Anthony...

I think I should use this occation to say that in general (practicing online for league races) it is never OK to skip the outlap. A few did this on occations (not Reik), and that gives them an advantage (on the p.b. spread sheet) above those who always does the outlap.

Yeah, I noticed that and would never do so, because adding a time to the list at PrestoGP is a serious part in parallel to the events.

Of course I understand that with Nordschleife it can be a different story as it is so long, but as a rule of thumb, if the times are recorded to Prestogp.com, then one should always do the outlap. What one does offline is ofcourse out of our jurisdiction :)

But I am only speaking in general terms, in this race, as everybody knows, Peter is the boss :)

I agree with every rule Peter points out for this event! That's why I asked early to make it clear for everyone. Thanks PEter for hosting the race on the 6th, so I can be there! :)

Thanks for setup Reik. I based my race setup on it and I'm 5:20 for the moment, but can do 5:15 easily. I'll post it once I can do a decent stint with it.

By the way, is it possible to have the lap times recorded at PrestoGP site?

I've seen many people exiting pit lanes the wrong way in order to trip the timer immediately during this season. In practice I must say that it did not worry me, but I would definitely not allow it for any sessions during the actual race event.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back