GT5 The Gran Turismo 5 Hot Lap Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
rdgt5hl.jpg

The Gran Turismo 5 Hot Lap Challenge

Welcome to the RaceDepartment Gran Turismo 5 Hot Lap Challenge. All you need to take part is a Playstation 3, a copy of Gran Turismo 5 and the desire to test your skills each week against your fellow RaceDepartment members.​

The format is simple, each week a car and track will be chosen to run hot laps. Starting Saturday 12pm GMT and finishing the following Saturday 12pm GMT you will be invited to submit your lap times for that challenge. Once the challenge deadline is met the the next track and car is chosen, this choice will alternate each week between the fastest driver and slowest driver, if no choice is made before 12PM GMT on Sunday the challenge organiser will make the choice.

To take part start up GT5 and select 'Arcade Mode' and then select 'Time Trial'. You will then select the track chosen for that weeks challenge and then the car. The car and track selection for each week will be listed below. Once you have done that you will be prompted to set the driving options. We will used a fixed format for each week which will be:​

Transmission - Manual
Front Tyres - Racing: Soft (Unless otherwise specified)
Rear Tyres - Racing: Soft (Unless otherwise specified)
Driving Line - OFF
Traction Control - OFF
Skid Recovery Force - OFF
Active Steering - OFF
Active Stability Management (ASM) - OFF
ABS - 1
Grip Reduction On Wet Track/Track Edge - REAL​

Once you've selected that you can then start hot lapping. There are no tuning options so everyone runs the same setup.​

GT5 will invalidate laps where the track is cut to gain an advantage, times shown in red in GT5 are invalid and will not count in this competition. To make it fair and competitive please don't cut the track or abuse the run off area's to gain an advantage, at least half the car should be on the track at all times and on street tracks don't use the barriers to give you an unfair advantage, the idea of the hot lap challenges is to run clean laps in the fastest time possible.​

Good luck and above all have fun!​

If everyone is okay with the first choice then what you have to do is the following.

1. Enter GT life
  2. Go to dealership --> Honda
  3. Select NSX-R '02
  4. Go to GT Life and do the Oil change
  5. Go to tunning shop and purchase Comfort Soft tires
  6. Put the car in your favourites (the car should have 296bhp after the oil change)
  7. Exit GT life
  8. Go to Arcade mode and Time attack etc.

This is done in order to prevent the engine wearing in and having different horsepower figures for everyone. FYI max wearing power for the engine ends up being 305bhp, but you have to travel 500km for that to happen and I know most ppl here dont have that kind of time. Also doing that wears the chasis as well and you might have to overhaul it.

Please follow those steps in order to keep it fair for everyone involved.

Ofcourse if some dont agree with this procedure please speak up. I wanted this combo because the car choice in Arcade mode is lacking IMO. Also I find the NSX R to be the most fun car to drive in the game, its very blue collar imo no fancy gadgets to help you out, just perfect balance and a pedigree stamped with Senna's seal of approval :p.

PS. the honor system is in place here, as we wont know for sure if ppl put parts on their cars for small hp gains. IMO the true test this time is just to enjoy the car and the track, I'm sure those of you that go out to do this will NOT be disappointed. Also comfort tires are a great learning tool for no aids off, and it actually showcases the strong points GT5 actually has, decent physics.

If everyone is okay with the first choice then what you have to do is the following.

1. Enter GT life
  2. Go to dealership --> Honda
  3. Select NSX-R '02
  4. Go to GT Life and do the Oil change
  5. Go to tunning shop and purchase Comfort Soft tires
  6. Put the car in your favourites (the car should have 296bhp after the oil change)
  7. Exit GT life
  8. Go to Arcade mode and Time attack etc.

Lets say I follow these steps and try Time Attack in Arcade. If I in between use this car in GT life, can I then return to arcade and use the "original" car for new time attack trial, or does the wearing/possible tuning in GT life affect also this favourite car in arcade side?

Haven't bought this yet but I'am planning for online club race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 272 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 183 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 182 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 134 7.5%