GT5 The Gran Turismo 5 Hot Lap Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
rdgt5hl.jpg

The Gran Turismo 5 Hot Lap Challenge

Welcome to the RaceDepartment Gran Turismo 5 Hot Lap Challenge. All you need to take part is a Playstation 3, a copy of Gran Turismo 5 and the desire to test your skills each week against your fellow RaceDepartment members.​

The format is simple, each week a car and track will be chosen to run hot laps. Starting Saturday 12pm GMT and finishing the following Saturday 12pm GMT you will be invited to submit your lap times for that challenge. Once the challenge deadline is met the the next track and car is chosen, this choice will alternate each week between the fastest driver and slowest driver, if no choice is made before 12PM GMT on Sunday the challenge organiser will make the choice.

To take part start up GT5 and select 'Arcade Mode' and then select 'Time Trial'. You will then select the track chosen for that weeks challenge and then the car. The car and track selection for each week will be listed below. Once you have done that you will be prompted to set the driving options. We will used a fixed format for each week which will be:​

Transmission - Manual
Front Tyres - Racing: Soft (Unless otherwise specified)
Rear Tyres - Racing: Soft (Unless otherwise specified)
Driving Line - OFF
Traction Control - OFF
Skid Recovery Force - OFF
Active Steering - OFF
Active Stability Management (ASM) - OFF
ABS - 1
Grip Reduction On Wet Track/Track Edge - REAL​

Once you've selected that you can then start hot lapping. There are no tuning options so everyone runs the same setup.​

GT5 will invalidate laps where the track is cut to gain an advantage, times shown in red in GT5 are invalid and will not count in this competition. To make it fair and competitive please don't cut the track or abuse the run off area's to gain an advantage, at least half the car should be on the track at all times and on street tracks don't use the barriers to give you an unfair advantage, the idea of the hot lap challenges is to run clean laps in the fastest time possible.​

Good luck and above all have fun!​

Really nice driving !

Did you use Arcade Mode,Time Trial ?
I was just wondering because your gear ratio is really different from mine.
We have the same exiting speed but when I put in 5:th gear you're already in 6:th ?? ( uphill before tunnel)
As I said..really nice driving...and if I'm wrong...sorry :redface:

xXJojjeXx

Yes, Arcade Time trial with default settings as the rules said. :) I think the difference is that i keep the throttle going same time as i brake, so the rev is little higher and i am able to shift up early. G25 wheel and a lot of racing in Richard Burns Rally... :)

And if i got it right it's time to decide the next event.

Eiger Nordwand Short Track
Ford Focus RS WRC
Sports Hard

Unless my video is doctored, it shows that you have a wing on the car. I'm completely unaware of that option in GTs Timetrial mode could you tell me how you got the wing on the car?

Edit: I think DeepJKL might have used cars from his garage which is not allowed.

Unless my video is doctored, it shows that you have a wing on the car. I'm completely unaware of that option in GTs Timetrial mode could you tell me how you got the wing on the car?

Edit: I think DeepJKL might have used cars from his garage which is not allowed.

YEs.. You are right. I am now shamed.. it also has different wheels. It is stored to the favorites, so its from my garage. :( My bad. So sorry. Player360 has the fastest time on the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back