1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
MINI Challenge - Round 1 - Oulton Park (LIVE)

The Garage Area

Discussion in 'Xbox One | NASCAR Friday Night Heat Series' started by Peter Hooper, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Do you know what sort of time this would be running? If it is possible to get the game to run here in the UK I would be interested in this.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Michael Watts

Michael Watts
    XB1 Gamertag: michaei watts Premium Member

That is of course if they release it for him in the UK. Even if it takes some time I think we may just start out running some Chase Races. It may take to January before we can actually get enough people to make this league REALLY fun! 30+ people Fun! @Rob I'm going to take a guess and say you're down for the Wood Brothers #21?

Worst Case scenario, there are a few Xbox1 leagues out there already from the last few titles but only having 16 players has strung out the field a bit. We might be able to consolidate our numbers with some good communication.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

No Dave Marcus or Dick Trickle.. :( but plenty of good looking cup cars. I think F1 is going to snag quite a bit of people away with its amazing graphics though. Only hardcore NASCAR guys are going to overlook the 30FPS

4. Rob

Rob
    XBO: OctoberDusk06 Premium Member

Do you really think the 30fps will be that big a deal when we are just running in circles? Getting the huge ass mirror right is critical, I think. I still think that if the physics are spot on, then it will be quite impressive. F1 is going to kill it. It's the game everyone has been waiting for. It will get priority over NASCAR in my book, but NASCAR (despite me busting on it every chance i get) fills a critical need--oval racing. And Assetto is also going to shock and awe (although I agree, the tracks are light). So, lots of competition. Any word on pCARS 2? At one point they though end of this year, but there is just too much competition out now, I would think. Throw in DiRT, and we could be facing five top notch games, with four thrown in the second half of this year.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rob

Rob

Seriously? That's cool. Ol' Dick used to smoke in his car. lol. Gotta love DT. Sterling Marlin still around? My first race was Spring RIR in 1992. Marcis was there, as was Davey Allison, Morgan Sheppard, and Harry Gant. Alan Kulwicki finished 1/2 a car behind Bill Elliott (believe it or not, Bill's final win at a short track), and those two would battle all year for the Winston Cup. I later met Alan at Hooters just before he died. Very intense dude. those guys back then could really drive. Anything.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Yeah Spiff already snagged the 24. My first race was the 1993 Diehard 500 at Talladega. Neil Bonnett's first race back in a RCR car took out the fence in a spectacular crash and gave us an hour long Red Flag in the blistering hot Alabama Sun. I sat just out of turn 4 and saw a hell of a finish, as Earnhardt and Irving duelled wheel to wheel to the line with Dale taking the win by 6". I was already an Earnhardt fan but how often do you get to see your hero win at your first race? Unless of course you're a Kyle Busch fan.

• Like Like x 2
  7. 2pfspiff

2pfspiff
    2015 pCars World Endurance Challenge AM Champion

My 1st race was the 96 UAW-GM 500 at charlotte which Terry Labonte won. It was awesome. My dad won the trip through the UAW giveaway at the GM plant in Linden NJ where he worked. He actually won a trip to the 96 Coca- Cola 600 but was not around to claim the prize. He bitched and they gave him this trip.

Everything was top shelf. They flew us down to Charlotte with car service from the airport, to and from the track and back to the airport. Stayed at the Hyatt regency (where they fed all of the grand prize winners with open bar), the buffet at the track consisted of Tenderloin, chicken piccata, Penne in Vodka sauce seafood and a whole lot more that I am forgetting. The best part was they gave us these cooler bags to carry as much beer as we wanted. They had tubs of ice to chill it all down. My dad and I grabbed at least a 12 a piece, I think I had more then that. We got to walk pit row before the race where I got a pic with Chocolate Myers in front of the Earnhardt pit box. When the race started we were seated at the entrance to pit row underneath the second level out of the sun. They even gave him a check to pay the taxes on the trip.. Best racing weekend I have ever had.

8. Last I heard they were talking Summer 2017 which of course probably means sometime in the first half of 2018 :rolleyes: To be perfectly honest with what we'll have by mid-September I'm more than happy so I'm in no rush to see pCars 2 on the shelves and just want them to nail it before it ships.

9. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Talk about the Game and the direction of the sport here.

10. Rob

Rob

Oh same here. I still thing Assetto will become my go-to game if MP works well. pCARS still has enough bugs to be annoying. Yet, pCARS is good for the variety and has a built in user base. Then there is the Goliath F1. It's already #1 in the U.K. If we get 2012-2013 numbers, we will be awash in leagues. Heck, AOR is cranking up about four right away. Then there is DiRT, if it can ever get a dedicated MP. I'm good to go on that one for a while...can always come back to it, but with Assetto and F1, I'll be very busy for a while.

Certainly

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

12. Rob

Rob

Heard that you will not be able to chat in game (with 40, it's probably better that we can't). Of course, at 40 players, or even 25, party chat is impossible, unless broken up. This then spirals into a problem with cautions being called by the driver. There is Skype. As for me, it's more important that I be able to hear my spotter than 25 opponents who may become chatty. Maybe there is some way to make cautions visible, as in a chat function or something akin to it. Otherwise, I may have to just rely on observation of others.

On another note...will multiplayer have custom setups?

13. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Yeah the chat thing will most likely have to have some kind of skype work around if cautions are instituted. As far as custom setups, it would probably be like PCars TT, where you run what you brung. Whatever setup you have for that track is going to be loaded since there is just a single race session.

14. Rob

Rob

Any confirmation? Or too early? I certainly hope you are right, as tinkering with your setup is 1/2 the fun. It looked as if setups were very detailed in SP.

Even if default, there is much to do in the pits (hopefully this will be well developed). That would give us something to work on during the week.

15. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

I know, I dusted off my old book of Setups from NASCAR Inside line. I had been experimenting with some BBSS (Big Bar Soft Spring) setups at the short/flat tracks. It was paying dividends at Martinsville and New Hampshire. And in NTGIL I had a setup for Vegas hitting a 28.43. A setup for Atlanta 28.10 that had me wide-open and hitting the rev-limiter into the corners for at least the first two laps before the tires completely lost their grip making it a drift fest.
    Here is one of my worksheets for Pocono.. great for taking and keeping notes.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Rob

Rob

I have gotten pretty good at knowing what the various setup changes on pCARS do (like fast rebound for bumpy tracks or lots of kerbing, etc.) but it took me a while. And I still have to refer to cheat sheets:
    [​IMG]
    ...in order to fully explore many problems. The hardest part to me is not the part about what a certain change does, but knowing how a certain change will impact another change or changes, and in what sequence will those impacts be felt. Then, of course, is the game itself. Since all of this stuff is "by wire" from a programmers head, it's tough to apply general principals w/o having the game. I will say, F1 2016 is the most expansive and accurate (FWIW) setup model to date, but pCARS still blows it away.

17. Rob

Rob

Thought this was cool. Was encouraged that the last dev diary talked exclusively about physics and tire model, even if in passing. I can't recall a NASCAR game dev even going past the mere mention. Any word on what "simulation" feels like on a wheel? Another encouraging thing from the gameplay video is the ability to "float" (as New Yorkers call it) in traffic. Sort of like you let the pack sort of move as would a bike peleton, not afraid to touch at times. In the last few games, a mere touch would send you spinning.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

I was watching live Twitch feed last night of a 4 guys that got the game early on PS4. I think online racing is going to be good but I think they take away damage. I did get to see the pit interface and animation which was cool. However at this point there is no game chat and we are limited to 16 in a party chat. So comms are going to be something we need to figure out for online play. IamtheGoat has several videos posted on YouTube showing the offline career mode and progression

Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Rob

Rob

Between the spotter, who will be crucial if accurate, and 16 eyes on the road, I think we can make out every spin or contact taking cars off track. NASCAR throws cautions that often anyway. I think the spotter also tells about "trouble".

The game forbids damage online? Strange.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Michael Watts

Michael Watts

Yeah a bit sad about the damage. May be something fixed later in like lobby mics