The Future of DTM-E

Dear SimBin,

We know that if people buy DTM-E now they\we get DTM-E 2014 for free so.........

Is MultiPlayer Guaranteed to be include in that release?

Is DTM-E 2014 also Guaranteed to include any of the following?

Full Weather System?

Pit Stops?

Tyre Selection?

Tyre Pressure Settings in the Car Setups?

Career Mode?

Regards

Craig

Last edited:
For what it's worth! I don't think its got a future, Why release a game with so many problems for pc users?
Would it not have been a better option to release on Xbox\Ps3 where graphics issues are not a problem, as this is the case with DTM E offering for PC. My Pc set me back in the region of £900.00 twice as much as any console out there and I am expected to reduce Graphic settings so I can play the game Get real I will not waste valuable space on my HD.Hmmmmm dont think so! Might have another look in say 12 months when it has been sorted.

@Jebus, I think you cannot be more wrong with that statement

Trust me, I sincerely hope so. But your current products doesn't convince me. Well products up to some point maybe but the business model most certainly don't. I own every single pc title from you up to RRRE so I know what you've been capable of. But to me this isn't looking good atm.
Of course this is only my opinion and I'm sure there's people, other than you, who disagrees with me.

Problem is all sims avaibile today offer the same thing : random cars on random traks. For me this get's old pretty fast. I wanna be a virtual champion on a real series :D.

SimBin should focus on "box" titles DTM, WTTC, FIA GT series, etc., make them AAA titles with all the options - weather, pitstops, radion coms with team etc, i would buy them all.
40 euros is not alot of money if the product is good, ppl are paying 300usd for a lifetime sub for games like Star Trek Online , just an example.

Maybe i'm talking nonsence, price for licencing real series is too much to handle but hey , we can dream :p. I think all sims have a place on the market just to offer something diff from eachother.

The lack of multiplayer is what has shocked me and my racing team with R3E and DTM Experience. We have guys who have been using SimBin since they started up and they can't wrap their heads around SimBin's thinking. Multiplayer is 95% of what makes any new sim "work" for us and I'm sure most others. All R3E and DTM Experience are good for are hotlaps or racing AI (can you do that?). I did not even know about the lack of pitstops in DTM Experience until this thread as I haven't touched it since the demo when I found out there would be no multiplayer but that is another huge WTF.

I don't understand why a company with such a solid history as SimBin would allow themselves to put these games out without the absolute basic systems in place to give them a chance up against the other sims. SimBin know what they are doing, They know what they need to include yet they do not. No career mode on a game with no multiplayer? Does it really not have career mode? :O_o:

Once Assetto Corsa is fully released I think any new sim that is put onto the market is going to have a HUGE challenge on its hands to compete in almost every way.

SimBin's next release is what will make or break them, imo. One more game without multiplayer, weather, pitstops, tyre types all included is going to seal peoples opinions. Not having a micro transactions system and being able to mod it will help hugely as well. In fact, to redeem themselves in the eyes of the community I think they need to show some understanding and drop micro transactions and fully encourage modding.

Loosing faith game by game here.

:(

Simbin has a great car license package, and also many cars which are very well balanced performance-wise to race together in a series. In my point of view this is a very big advantage.:thumbsup:
And in my opinion it is great to have a focus on real race cars, and (sorry to say that) not so much on street cars :redface:.......... and Yes, that's my personal opinion, but i'm respecting all who like street car racing.

It's great to hear, that multiplayer is coming someday for R3E, but where i'm strongly unsure is the league part. :unsure: Sadly there is no official information about it, and therefore i have serious doubts. I would be very very disappointed, if all we could finally do is some multiplayer (maybe 8 players only) quick race sessions, without the stuff, which makes online league racing so exciting. (e.g. pit strategy, tyre management, flag rules, weather, etc.).
I fully understand, that Simbin is actually very busy and needs time to make things right, but we don't know if league features are ever planned, nor if they ever will see the light of day.

Edit:
And sorry, i didn't noticed this is the DTM-E thread, and my posting was more about R3E.

Last edited:
Played a lot of the demo and I enjoy it. Still not sure I want to pay, not knowing what will be in the 2014 version. I'm not happy with just multiplayer.

Weather and pitstops are a must. Are they even working on these things?

Unfortunately if you read Sonat's reply they won't confirm or deny that, sadly it is for this reason I have taken the step of removing R3E from my system, I have done this to remove any temptation to spend any more money on it until it is complete and by that I mean with the things I mention in the original post (minus the Career which I'm not interested in).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back