The Friendly Development Series Returns!

To5SW3g.jpg
Do you want to race in our club, but don't know where to start? Want to race in clean, friendly, events with large fields of fellow RaceDepartment Racing Club members? Want the opportunity to race with the best RaceDepartment drivers, and learn from them how to improve your driving skills? Are you just looking for a bunch of guys that like to have a good time going wheel-to-wheel? This is where the Friendly Development Series can help you out!

The spirit of this event should be familiar to many of our past participants, but for those who may not have raced with us, here are the key principles. We want it to appeal to all drivers, but more importantly to attract the new comers and less experienced racers, who desire more training opportunities to learn about bigger field online racing, and the chance to mix with the experienced racers on a more friendly basis.

Many of us don't get much of an opportunity to mix with the top drivers in the League format, and so miss this excellent training opportunity. This could also be an opportunity for new members of the RD Racing Club to meet up and race with the experienced members.

We'll be going on the track with the BMW M235i, a small GT racer directly from the Nordschleife. With rear wheel drive and slick tires, it's a great base to get both skilled and lesser skilled people together to have fun on track and learn together.

THE SCHEDULE
Race Event:
Assetto Corsa / BMW M235i
Race Night: Monday Night.

Race Rules: As per RD League racing rules (We still need these, even in friendly events).
Race Duration: Approx League distances.
Car Selection: BMW M235i
Race Directors: Tobias Röhner, Bram Hengeveld
Prerequisites: Teamspeak

We'll be kicking things off in late March, so expect the events to pop up in the AC club soon.

To our returning long-term friendly racers we would like to say, “Hello again, and thanks for your support over the years.” To anyone looking to join the action for the first time, “Welcome aboard.”

Join in the action by signing up for our Friendly Development Series races, or any of our club races, found in the Assetto Corsa Racing Club forum. New members considering the benefits of Premium subscription can upgrade their accounts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a great way to improve ones racing skills. Haven't any experience from AC but this might be an opportunity to give it a try. Can't make it on Monday though. Hope the concept also will be transferred to rF2 and AMS.

Quick question........I notice the mention of freemium has now disappeared from this item....does this mean the freemium option is revoked?? Or just been removed from the more important information needed here?

Quick question........I notice the mention of freemium has now disappeared from this item....does this mean the freemium option is revoked?? Or just been removed from the more important information needed here?

We won't be allowing Freemium for the FD series. I think this service qualifies as a Premium service, as driver coaching and the like is not something that should be offered for free. Considering it's only 10€ for a year, it's still a bargain to what other coachings cost ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back