1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Featured PC The Friendly Development Series Returns!

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Tobias Röhner, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner
    Germany's greatest Indycar Fan. Staff Premium Member

To5SW3g.jpg Do you want to race in our club, but don't know where to start? Want to race in clean, friendly, events with large fields of fellow RaceDepartment Racing Club members? Want the opportunity to race with the best RaceDepartment drivers, and learn from them how to improve your driving skills? Are you just looking for a bunch of guys that like to have a good time going wheel-to-wheel? This is where the Friendly Development Series can help you out!

The spirit of this event should be familiar to many of our past participants, but for those who may not have raced with us, here are the key principles. We want it to appeal to all drivers, but more importantly to attract the new comers and less experienced racers, who desire more training opportunities to learn about bigger field online racing, and the chance to mix with the experienced racers on a more friendly basis.

Many of us don't get much of an opportunity to mix with the top drivers in the League format, and so miss this excellent training opportunity. This could also be an opportunity for new members of the RD Racing Club to meet up and race with the experienced members.

We'll be going on the track with the BMW M235i, a small GT racer directly from the Nordschleife. With rear wheel drive and slick tires, it's a great base to get both skilled and lesser skilled people together to have fun on track and learn together.

THE SCHEDULE
    Race Event:
    Assetto Corsa / BMW M235i
    Race Night: Monday Night.

Race Rules: As per RD League racing rules (We still need these, even in friendly events).
    Race Duration: Approx League distances.
    Car Selection: BMW M235i
    Race Directors: Tobias Röhner, Bram Hengeveld
    Prerequisites: Teamspeak

We'll be kicking things off in late March, so expect the events to pop up in the AC club soon.

To our returning long-term friendly racers we would like to say, “Hello again, and thanks for your support over the years.” To anyone looking to join the action for the first time, “Welcome aboard.”

Join in the action by signing up for our Friendly Development Series races, or any of our club races, found in the Assetto Corsa Racing Club forum. New members considering the benefits of Premium subscription can upgrade their accounts.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2016
    • Like Like x 15
    • Love Love x 2
  2. Eugene Abramoff

Eugene Abramoff
    Premium Member

Is that a championship?

3. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner

No, quite the opposite actually. It's intended as a training tool that will have different themes and focus points in different weeks. It's totally non-competitive, the learning aspect is the main thing. Unlike in the academy, we will still race the cars, because racing is something we need to practice as well :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. shedz

shedz
    Premium Member

Sounds great, I'll sign up for this when it's on the board.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Phil Davies

Phil Davies
    Fix it till it's broke,Then fix it some more. Premium Member

Sounds like a great idea,I've been participating in R3e events up till now,Maybe it will persuade me to give the AC Club a go :thumbsup:.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Slalom823

Slalom823
    RDTCC S10 Champion Premium Member

So these are basically club events but there will be more of a focus and learning, sharing, helping, etc? Sounds like this could be helpful!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Luca Antinori

Luca Antinori
    Premium Member

I am looking forward to these events! :thumbsup:

8. kamackeris

kamackeris
    Premium Member

Would be great if there was something similar on ams

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Sunny Sky Speed

Sunny Sky Speed
    Livery Designer Premium Member

Ah good memories of the BMW 235i championship I made a nice generic skin pack for. Wish you lots of fun @Bram and the rest. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

looks like a great opportunity to gain some experience in AC :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Sounds good. Might have to pop in on "freemium" if I get a free monday some time. Would be happy to help out with setups, racecraft etc :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. kedy89

kedy89
    Premium Member

will it cover setup basics? I really could use that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner

• Like Like x 2
  14. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner

I still drive around in my old skin from the league sometimes :) Lovely.

• Love Love x 1
  15. Jriv012

Jriv012
    Riverside Premium Member

Great concept; hope you port to other sims soon; I do R3E and rf2 already, and don't have the bandwidth for a 3rd one...

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Stenne

Stenne
    Premium Member

Sounds like a great way to improve ones racing skills. Haven't any experience from AC but this might be an opportunity to give it a try. Can't make it on Monday though. Hope the concept also will be transferred to rF2 and AMS.

17. Quick question........I notice the mention of freemium has now disappeared from this item....does this mean the freemium option is revoked?? Or just been removed from the more important information needed here?

18. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner

We won't be allowing Freemium for the FD series. I think this service qualifies as a Premium service, as driver coaching and the like is not something that should be offered for free. Considering it's only 10€ for a year, it's still a bargain to what other coachings cost ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ok, no problem. Hope it all goes well!