1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

The FPS is high but the display is veryyyyy not fluent.

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by kimisecond, Apr 28, 2014.

1. My CPU is i5 4570 and my GPU is AMD HD 7850. How could this happen? I got 100+ FPS and the video is still torturing me... what can i do

2. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

only way i can stop this is by using v-sync, i get 130-200+ fps and without using v-sync my screen is VERY choppy, even with the v-sync i still get a random micro stutter problem. Its a good job Rfactor 2 feels/drives as well as it does...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

which drivers are you using for your nvidia card? ive been fighting with micro stutters all year, it seems random for me, sometimes i can fire the game up and it runs like silk other times i get constant micro pauses. i7/gtx780 combo. Ive tried all the plr tweaks i could find

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Do you have reflections turned on? If so, turning them off makes a big difference.

I have a 7850 with a 3570: max settings until Shadows (medium), with blur, particles and the two reflection settings set to off.

I've also got video v-sync on.

It's very smooth now with just full grids at the start causing stutters and frame drops. That's soon sorted once the cars spread out.

EDIT: and I think running from SSD causes stutters as well.

5. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

yeah i suspected my ssd was the problem but after 3 reformats, one back to standard hdd, ive discovered the ssd isnt the issue, I guess its just an incompatibility that exists with my hardware and rfactor2 as EVERY other game is A OK. I can run with everything on low or everything on max and still the random stutters occur. ive tried various drivers/PLR tweaks/dll files, you name it ive tried it, and just when i think ive solved the issue i get a launch of the game that has the stutters. I can then shut down the game and reload and the stutters could have gone or could be still there, its that random...VERY annoying

edit: case in point, i rebuilt my machine last night and placed into another case, clean install of win 8.1 x64 nothing installed but rfactor 2, my gfx and t500 drivers, 3 launches have been smooth and 2 have had the stutters, nothing changes from the smooth launches to the stuttery ones, ive kinda given up trying to work it out now as i honestly dont see that its something i can fix,

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  6. Have you tried running with the graphics/cpu monitor on (Ctrl + C) to see if the physics (purple line) or graphics (green line) peak at the point of the stutters?

• Like Like x 1
  7. It's absolutely nosense for a game that runs a 200 or more FPS
    and still get bad display fluency...

8. Try later...

9. Maybe u should give up rFactor 2 and give a chance to Assetto Corsa. My PC runs all High Config at 60FPS all the time...

10. It always stutters... Even i get the config low a bit and turn up the AA and HDR. 200 FPS + and nothing better.

11. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

I find the FFB/physics are the best out there in rfactor 2, if it wasnt so good id of given up on it months ago, i own all the sims out at the moment and nothing comes close to the feel of rf2 for me... I gave AC another go the other day when i saw the post about it getting multiplayer but it just doesnt have the connection to the road/car that i get from rf2.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. GRAB_001.JPG
    turned up the Vsync Video and nothing better

13. AC has a REALLY bad suspension which shakes three times after you get off the kerb...

14. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

is that a custom HUD in your picture? ive been looking for something like that with the LED shift indicators

15. It's a F1 hud... I got the download link. I'm Chinese, wondering if u can grab this at a Chinese netdisk

16. Bez

Bez
    All the gear, no idea...

• Like Like x 1