The Elder Scrolls Online

I'm looking forward to it.

I will play it if they don't screw it up like The Old Republic by including a subscription fee and follow Guild Wars 2's model of free-to-play.

I'm gonna play with a Khajiit Knight.

Guild Wars 2 is not free to play. Or you meant it's just one-time-purchase?

I'm very much looking forward to as well. Especially it's combat system will be very unique, hopefully. :)

I hope it will be free-to-play. Cosmetic buyables are already very popular and i'm sure it can provide enough wealth for the developers if they present a decent enough game.

Guild Wars 2 is not free to play. Or you meant it's just one-time-purchase?

I'm very much looking forward to as well. Especially it's combat system will be very unique, hopefully. :)

I hope it will be free-to-play. Cosmetic buyables are already very popular and i'm sure it can provide enough wealth for the developers if they present a decent enough game.

It's a one-time purchase. No subscription fees.

I hope TESO follows the same route.

The beta is pretty good. I think the game is beginner friendly, has an easy combat system, and, is immersive in many ways.

My only concerns is being able to keep up with the subscription fee and the lore not becoming dry.

For the first time, I could truly be into an MMO.

My only concerns is being able to keep up with the subscription fee and the lore not becoming dry.

I'm sure they will revert to a different subscription model aftter a few months of milking people.

You are invited to Beta? You are a lucky man, enjoy and please share your further impressions please :) (No spoilers of course :D)

What do you think about the pricing?

$60 for the game, one month free, then $15 per month...

I think it will be a failure because of this over-priced model. Today, there are dozens of proper MMOs out there and you have to give something ultimate and exceptional in order to compete against the other F2P or "Buy only once" games with such a high price.

In my opinion Guild Wars 2 has the best model. You buy the game, then it is free. But people still buy cosmetic things with real money so the developers are fed as well. Win Win.

I for one think this is TOTALLY the wrong direction for TES. To me, I loved that TES games have always been single-player, play-when-I-want and the world remains as I left it. What I don't like about MMOs is that the world keeps changing if you don't play. So if you don't play for many months, you come back to a TOTALLY different world.
Also, how will this affect Mods? That, again, was one of the greatest things about TES games was/is the moddability. I'm a PC gamer, and pretty much ALWAYS run mods of some sort. Graphics mods at the very least.
This is a very wrong move on Bethesda's part, IMHO.

I for one think this is TOTALLY the wrong direction for TES. To me, I loved that TES games have always been single-player, play-when-I-want and the world remains as I left it. What I don't like about MMOs is that the world keeps changing if you don't play. So if you don't play for many months, you come back to a TOTALLY different world.
Also, how will this affect Mods? That, again, was one of the greatest things about TES games was/is the moddability. I'm a PC gamer, and pretty much ALWAYS run mods of some sort. Graphics mods at the very least.
This is a very wrong move on Bethesda's part, IMHO.

You do know Bethesda is still gonna develop single-player TES games?

Also, it's not Bethesda who is developing it; it is their parent company, Zenimax who is developing the MMO. Bethesda is merely publishing the game.

I don't think there will be much modding due to the fact it is a multiplayer game and they don't want other players to gain a competitive advantage over others. The UI might very well be moddable, but, that's it.

Actually, I think the mods will be like WoW.

EDIT - I think Bethesda may be brainstorming over what TES VI is gonna be like. That, or maybe they're developing Fallout 4.

I think it's an interesting diversion from the main TES games... but there is plenty that I can see going wrong with it. The pricing model for one.

I am interested to see a new rendition of Elsweyr though.

Was really interested in this but there is no way I'd pay £40-50 for the game then £9 a month, even if I could afford to :thumbsdown:

Exactly! I am so disappointed in the way this has been done, was really looking forward to TES but there is no way I'm forking out 50 quid for THEN paying a monthly subscription! #GREED
I played the 1st round of Beta tests but as soon as I got wind of the pricing model I didn't bother with any other tests because I knew I'd just be teasing myself :(

Exactly! I am so disappointed in the way this has been done, was really looking forward to TES but there is no way I'm forking out 50 quid for THEN paying a monthly subscription! #GREED
I played the 1st round of Beta tests but as soon as I got wind of the pricing model I didn't bother with any other tests because I knew I'd just be teasing myself :(

As I said before, free-to-play will be an inevitability for sure. That's what some of the developers have said.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back