AC Modding Questions Thread

I was wondering if anybody tried to get something like this effect on any mod using the brake disc glow parameter (if it's even possible)
753ab537eee66fa1fce6c3fc69c8e60e--v-engine-bmw-motorsport.jpg

Okay absolute modding starter here. I tried to fiddle with a 901 mod floating around on shady russian sites (Suspension was 1:1 copy of RSR 3.0). The physical tyres are placed pretty good according to CM now, but the 3D tyres have huge negative offset in relation to that. How can I fix that? Is that an inherent problem of the ripped 3D? Thanks for any tip!
__custom_showroom_1519236523.jpg

Okay absolute modding starter here. I tried to fiddle with a 901 mod floating around on shady russian sites (Suspension was 1:1 copy of RSR 3.0). The physical tyres are placed pretty good according to CM now, but the 3D tyres have huge negative offset in relation to that. How can I fix that? Is that an inherent problem of the ripped 3D? Thanks for any tip!
View attachment 237002
Is that "aligned to data"? If not, the tyres will get aligned to where they should be according to data

Yes. Looks the same ingame. Or am I misinterpreting the green wheel indicators? What's in the actual physical position, the green circles or the 3D wheel, when the box "align to data" is ticked?

Everything by A3DR and Aphidgod, Some1's Honda NSX, Shaun Clarke's Ginetta, Lancia Fulvia HF by RSanchezPaz, Jaguar XJ13 by mantasisg, Nissan Primera BTCC by Patrik Marek, Peugeot 504 by x4fab, Shelby Cobra 427 by the_meco. These are just a few that I think are must-haves.

Not cars but absolute must- must-haves: Content Manager by x4fab (just Google it) and "Good & Bad weather suite" by Peter Boese. http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/good-and-bad-weather-suite.19484/

Last edited:
Is that "aligned to data"? If not, the tyres will get aligned to where they should be according to data
"Progress", haha... Corrected the XYZ positions of the wheels in 3DSimED, now I've lost textures and transparency :cry: and some weird object on the front now :O_o:
upload_2018-2-25_19-57-16.png

Bottom line: Better stay away from ripped mods

sg_example.png

I've been fooling around again in 3ds max but this one's keeping me busy. What's the best method to keep the wheel arch curved while having smoothing groups? (3ds max). Manually adjust afterwards say with a edit poly modifier or a boolean maybe?

Thanks!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back